News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Recent posts

I tried using the before save to advance to Feb.1858, but was unable to reproduce the game crash...
However, no industry closures occurred during that time.
[FR]Français (French) / Re: Matériel Français
Last post by gauthier - March 17, 2024, 05:07:50 PM
Bien le bonjour.
Je passe vite fait en faisant le grand renouvellement décennal de tous mes mots de passe ;D Comme vous l'aurez remarqué je ne suis plus actif depuis ... 2016 et demi, quelque part par là, en gros depuis que j'ai commencé à travailler, ce qui a drastiquement réduit mon temps libre. Si y a besoin de moi, notamment pour rajouter des trucs sur le site SNFOS, n'hésitez pas à me contacter par mail (mon adresse est sur le site, page "contact"), je réagis toujours assez vite.

Je vais voir si j'ai le temps de tester cette z20500 en livrée pécresse dans les jours qui viennent mais je garantis rien. Mais franchement, entre nous, la livrée carmillon aurait été de meilleur goût, non ? ;D
Simutrans Help Center / Re: Passengers don't enter tra...
Last post by Nazalassa - March 17, 2024, 08:49:10 AM
I think you have to change this setting for your saved game itself if you want the changes to apply to it. Clicking on the last icon in the top toolbar of pak192.comic (the one with a gear on it) brings up the Settings dialog. You can change any settings here, and the changes will apply when you close the dialog. The setting you want, avoid_overcrowding, is under the Routing tab:   (Er, just noticed I mistakenly pointed to the wrong setting. You should move the arrow one setting up.)
here.gif

Simply toggle it, then close the dialog. It should be done.
Simutrans-Extended bug reports / Re: All industries lose connec...
Last post by merry - March 16, 2024, 03:05:14 PM
A couple of updates:
(1) just_in_time = 4 (this will have come from defaults)
(2) recently, I left the game running for a few game-months - the connections disappeared during that time but it didn't crash (perhaps I didn't open a dialog at a critical point? So I have before & after saves (links in onedrive) if that helps.
Save before (link)
Save after (link)
Hopefully someone will be able to use these to improve the situation (either a fix or workaround). Unfortunately i'm not much of a coder... 'tinkerer' is about my limit these days.
When I recently returned to simutrans extended, I realized that stop info.'s cargo list needed to be updated. This is because it was left behind in the times, especially since it was just a list of texts.

Extended players probably know that the cargo list in the convoy info window was revised about two years ago.
A similar update applies to the cargo list in the Stop info window.
This patch finally applies a similar update to the cargo list in the Stop info window.

The reason this was different from convoy info and couldn't be implemented easily was that it required an appropriate data update cycle and route display.
I tried this before and failed. Because the algorithm wasn't good.
I tried it again to take a break from playing Japanese mahjong, and I think it worked this time, hehe.

You can now sample our deliciously seasoned station cargo list.
Please taste it. And I would appreciate hearing your thoughts.

- Sorting options are organized because their responsibilities are divided between display modes.
  Sorting options have no meaning for items that are being filtered. Because the listed cargo already has no data about it or has been force merged.
  For example, it is meaningless to sort by Origin even though Origin is not displayed.
  If this is enabled, the filtering will either be meaningless, or it will cause confusion to the player as it will sort with fake data.

- A new option has been added to sort by distance from the station.
- The number of freight at a station can be chaotic compared to convoy's one, so we added filters for pax/mail/freight to make it easier to get information.

- Unlike convoy's, the station number is not displayed, but it is displayed without a number to indicate whether the station has a connection or not and which player is controlling the station.

- info_depth_from only has the option of displaying origin. This is because when cargo arrives at a station, it has lost information about the previous departure station. (That is the station it is currently staying at)

- Route (line/convoy) display has been separated as an option.

Similarly, I have made it easier to understand transfer information by making it optional.
Note that the direction of transfers is now clearer.

"Transfer(in)" is a cargo that will soon be added to the waiting list.
"Transfer(out)" is a cargo that is about to leave the station and head to a nearby building.

To make this difference clear and make it easier to understand the information, transfer(in) is now displayed directly under the same category in the waiting list, and transfer(out) is displayed separately at the bottom.

The translated term "transfers", which is circled in blue in the image, now refers to transfer(out). I recommend change this translation.

With this update, the indicators that were present in the stop detail window have been removed as they appear to have duplicate content.

There is still room for improvement, but I think it would be a significant improvement in usability at this stage.
So I thought it would be a good idea to submit this patch and have people test it and get some feedback.
You can get a taste of this in pull request #645.

The translated terms added in this update are as follows.
distance_to_via
distance_to_origin
Show route
Show transfer (in)
Show transfer (out)
Shows the line or convoy where the cargo is waiting
Shows cargos heading to the platform to depart from this stop
Shows cargos leaving this stop
cargo_list_by_catg
This stop

The following translation terms will be obsolete with this update:
via Menge
origin (amount)
origin (detail)
destination (detail)
wealth (detail)
wealth (via)
Transfers
hd_waiting
hd_transship

what I'm concerned about:
- The dead space at the top of the window is a little noticeable.
- The width of the window may be wider than other dialogs. Equivalent to depot dialog. (This is somewhat language dependent)
- Possibility to organize content along with detail dialog content

As my update plan, the cargo list is currently grouped by goods, but I would like to add a new tab grouped by route. And it has a player filter.
This is why the cargo list currently has only one tab.
It could take some time, and I thought the update was good enough at this stage, so I decided to submit it.
Bug Reports / Re: start Simutrans Server rev...
Last post by prissi - March 15, 2024, 12:06:53 PM
I tested with a server from the command line. It entered into the list server without problems. However, I noted that Linux always used IP6 first, and the IP6 address of the announce server is broken again. Maybe that is the problem. Or the uPnP was not working.
Last post by Andarix - March 15, 2024, 09:46:50 AM
r11085

mmh, calling the network dialog and every action in it freezes Simutrans for some time (Linux).

Annonce doesn't work for me on Linux.

However, updating the list server seems to work. (initial annonce from Windows)

Client connect/disconnect freezes Simutrans for some time.

Strangely, the download of the GDI version from Github aborts with a virus warning (Windows. Windows Defender).
Developers appreciate that you take the trouble to report a bug.
It will improve the game.

I think one cause I can think of is related to the new just_in_time=5 that was added about two years ago.
The configuration is not playable, it has not been extensively tested, and there is no one to fix it.
That setup will cause mass factory closures anyway.
I think the phenomenon you reported is similar to what occurs in that setting.
(However, the root cause may also be the closure and regeneration of the industry)

Can you check what just_in_time is set to?
You can check it by pressing the shortcut key i to open the settings dialog, then open the economy tab.

Also, submitting reproducible save data will almost always lead to early resolution of bugs.
Last post by prissi - March 15, 2024, 05:20:32 AM
The non-blocking sockets were to blame. So now the server has blocking sockets again under Linux by at least connecting works again. Given that these are so central to everything internet, it is surprising that they did not work. But linux server higher than -r 11085 show work again.

So this was the biggest showstopper for a new release. I will integrate the nicer fonts and then we are hopefully good to go.
Simutrans-Extended bug reports / All industries lose connection...
Last post by merry - March 14, 2024, 05:50:56 PM
Having recently returned to Simutrans-Extended, i am finding that maps can suddenly, and with no identifiable reason, lose all connections between industries (whether there is a transport conenction or not). Most times, after viewing an industry where the 'missing connections' are warned of, the game crashes shortly afterwards (crash = unscheduled immediate termination of process, in this case).
Version in use: 123.0.1 build 14.21
This is making games frustratingly unplayable, even if saved regularly.

I am working in about 1853, but haven't built railways yet so transport is primarily road carriages, ships, and canals. If that has any bearing on the matter.

i have searched bug reports and scrolled through bug lists, and can't see this reported, so forgive me if it is a known issue, I couldn't find the report when I searched.