News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

LynxServer - Simutrans Pak128 server

Started by nil, October 12, 2015, 07:46:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nil

Sorry for my poor English :‌)

prissi

Thank you for a new server.

The serverlist can ping back to simu.alterbaum.net, so server_dns = simu.alterbau.net should work.

DrSuperGood

Unusable sockets are usually the result of them still being open, such as after improper closure. Try restarting the server OS since that will reset all sockets.

Might also want to look at this in case it affects you.

prissi

Well, I would just keep it then with the IP number. Maybe the DNS resolve to something slightly different or a redirect?

DrSuperGood

You are using an old version of pak128 for Server 1.  It appears to be the version intended for the release client of 120 which was when the pakset was still migrating to double heights.

I would recommend next reset to use 2.5.3 which is the latest version as it includes many balance and bug fixes.

nil

I gave up to use a domain.
And, updated the pak version:)

Hi,

I played two weeks ago on your servers and everything worked fine. Now, after the restart I tried to play again on LynxServer 1 and get disconnected every 10 seconds.
Is there anything changed on the serverside? My client is still the same as before.

DrSuperGood

Is there anything changed on the serverside?
They finally updated to 120.1.2.

My client is still the same as before.
If your client was incorrectly built (eg no SVN installed, default MSVC settings) then you will be able to join servers with a different version to your game executable. Due to the huge underlying changes made with every release a client and server of different versions will out of sync with each other. The reason it takes 10 seconds to happen is probably that the server checklist is sent out then and so the out of sync is picked up.

Thanks, that was indeed the problem, I still had 120.1.1 installed but I took the client from the download page and no version mismatch was shown when selecting the game server so I was sure I had the right version  :o

nil

Hello.
There was a problem that we could not connect to the announce server, so we stopped the server for a long time.
As a result of confirmation, it seems that it can now connect to the announce server, so restart the server.

AP

nil

Quote from: AP on February 25, 2017, 01:44:55 PM
I think this server game is down?
Sometimes save data is corrupted(bug) and the auto-restart script also fail.
I will improve the script so that it can restores from the auto-saved backup when it is corrupted :3

rapheous

Server is back up, for those that were playing from mid Feb onwards  :)

nil

A new map will be started tomorrow (LynxServer 02).

In my network(ADSL 3Mbps), the current map takes a very long time to download...
I hope it can download asynchronously like OpenTTD:))))

Guillaume

The server listing is down, and manually connect to the server with the address doesn't work quite well, I can connect to it some times, and when I do I can't control my company.

nil

hi, thanks for playing my server.

Apparently the connection attempt to the announce server continued for a long time, so the processing was stopped.
Now I solved it by temporarily stopping the announcement :)

prissi

arfrahman

Hello, a new (network) player here. Beside sim1.alterbaum.net:13353, I believe there was a second server which I joined in a few hours ago (before bedtime here, UTC+7). Is the server up? Because all simutrans gives me is a "Server did not respond" message. Thanks.

nil

hi,
LynxServer 02 has crashed due to a bug in Simutrans (Thread: [120.2.2] Server crash at company bankrupcy fixed in revision 8208 (nightly build)).
Now this problem was solved by manually applying r8208 to my server.
Thanks for the report :‌)

ITK Transport

Hi Bitfryer,
it seems like the servers are down again for both sim1 and sim2

yorkeiser

nil