News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

What do you need to see in V0.5?

Started by Leartin, September 30, 2017, 10:12:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leartin

The next Version of P192C is scheduled as a Christmas Gift. While it probably won't contain as much as I was hoping for, compared to the last properly published Version, there are a LOT of differences and new things to come - not just because Simutrans allows many new things by now that were not possible before.

Anyway, I know what I like about the pakset, so of course I add stuff I find amazing. I'm not so sure about you guys. So, I'd like to know what you expect from Version 0.5 of P192C.

Don't worry - even if you list a lot of stuff we did not actually do, we won't move the scheduled date - worst case it will be an RC-Version rather than the final one, but whatever we have will be playable for you. It's just that I think asking beforehand what you expect gives us a better idea about the direction to move in the future, rather than asking afterwards if the new version was satisfactory. Plus, there might be tiny things we did not think of, but can add easily for huge effect.

I'd be glad to get some feedback, both from players of our pak, AND those who don't yet play it.

Yona-TYT

Waho! ... I am very happy to read this, this is going to be a good Christmas gift for lovers of simutrans.   ;D ;D ;D

@leartin
It would be nice a sample image to post this on facebook.  ;)

Leartin

Hmmm... I don't even have anything current to show. But how about using the screenshot from last year?

Bassem_90

Hi can you please include more airplanes and upgrade airport with new buildings ,jet ways and jet stairs ? Thank you :)

vzrenggamani

I Like to see Old Style building like palace or something like that xD

SIMUTRANS INDONESIA WEBSITE  <<< Indonesia Simutrans Addons Center And Web
HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND MY ENGLISH

bigliettiperfavore

There are a lot of new features in the base game? :) please enlighten us a little bit?
Always loving new units. I saw some screenshots of some new narrow gauge trains, that would be awesome!

Leartin

Quote from: bigliettiperfavore on October 26, 2017, 02:26:13 PM
There are a lot of new features in the base game? :) please enlighten us a little bit?
Always loving new units. I saw some screenshots of some new narrow gauge trains, that would be awesome!

I guess I don't say too much when I tell you that the game features I like most since the last official pakset release are Half-Heights, Transparency, Seasons for Buildings, and Shorthand Dat Files (which is irrelevant to players, but it makes creation sooo much easier)

You like narrow gauge? There are some gems for that. And how would you feel about using trams on narrow gauge tracks?

Quote from: vzrenggamani on October 07, 2017, 06:55:51 AM
I Like to see Old Style building like palace or something like that xD
You mean something like this?

Quote from: Bassem_90 on October 04, 2017, 06:36:53 AM
Hi can you please include more airplanes and upgrade airport with new buildings ,jet ways and jet stairs ? Thank you :)
It will definitelly include more airplanes than the last version, however, I'm not certain how many A350-1000 actually published as Addon yet, so they might not be new to everyone.
As for the Airport, there are some changes and additions...

Bassem_90

Thank you very much airport looks great :)

Vladki

Quote from: Leartin on October 26, 2017, 04:44:52 PM
You like narrow gauge? There are some gems for that. And how would you feel about using trams on narrow gauge tracks?

I love narrow gauge, but is a ng tram possible in simutrans? I thought it is not.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Leartin

Quote from: Vladki on October 26, 2017, 07:21:09 PM
I love narrow gauge, but is a ng tram possible in simutrans? I thought it is not.
Nothing changed about the games capabilities. Tram only work with one type of track. But that's the only difference between the different types of tracks. So what one CAN do is cheating the system, and call the narrow gauge "track" internally.

bigliettiperfavore

The screenshots look great.
Half-Heights is something that could be really interesting.

Edit: If I was to make a humble request I am looking for a single carriage unit to use on sparsely used electrified routes - e.g ET 10 of Montafonerbahn (but DB/ÖBB/player colour livery).

accord2

One day I'd like to see towns consuming eletricity  ;)
Son of a railroad man,  growing up in train stations, lover of trains

Leartin

Quote from: accord2 on December 19, 2017, 01:56:42 PM
One day I'd like to see towns consuming eletricity  ;)

That's a game feature, not a pakset feature, so it can't be included in the pakset. However, it should be possible to play any standard pakset in Extended, which would have this feature I think.

Flemmbrav

Yay we found someone to make our pakset simutrans extended ready <3

Bassem_90

Is the boeing 737 family included ? Thank you :)

Emil Sawicki

Woonerf! Not all streets in my cities are used by buses or trucks. That's a good place for some plants, bicycle parking, fountains/wells and benches - generally no high constructions, for example kiosks. For Simutrans it could be coded as a placeholder like borderposts from P192C and have different graphics for each direction, ending, corner, X-crossing and T-crossing. In future, you could delete it and build eg. tramway line.

Simutrans 123, Windows 10

accord2

Quote from: Emil Sawicki on December 23, 2017, 04:17:14 PM
In future, you could delete it and build eg. tramway line.

It is even better if those pedestrian roads are used only with trams, maybe a tramway with tracks that allow pedestrians but not cars?

Leartin

P192C includes a tram that fills the tile with the sidewalk graphic. You can place it on roads and use signs to disable cars. The game does not provide anything that can be used by pax but not by cars, so that is as good as it gets.

As for plants, bicycle parking and wells, the current idea is to have those as buildings, such that they appear randomly in a city and add to the pax count. Of course they are square plazas rather than an oblong shape. Perhaps in the future, I'll come back to that and create a plaza-way.

accord2

Cool Leartin, I didn't know XD Thanks!

Emil Sawicki

And you can also put street lamps along tracks!

Simutrans 123, Windows 10

vzrenggamani

Does pakset release get delayed ? Its 24th Descember 2017 07.45PM in indonesia xD

Thanks

SIMUTRANS INDONESIA WEBSITE  <<< Indonesia Simutrans Addons Center And Web
HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND MY ENGLISH

Flemmbrav

Timezones strike again! nerf that pls!