News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

How to mentally resolve the different graphics scales?

Started by Isaac Eiland-Hall, October 05, 2017, 09:05:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Just imagine the trains like this:

https://i.imgur.com/hZ9vbNy.mp4

(Originally titled "Making a train's turning radius tighter than the track's curve" on reddit) :)

Leartin

It's not just the train that moves from city to city, at the same time, the city is pulled towards the train, resulting in what seems to be short distances. :o Of course! How could we have been so blind? It's a mechanical warp engine.
Probably a gift from time travelling ascendents from the year 3000 :D

IgorEliezer

Quote from: Leartin on October 05, 2017, 09:15:41 AM
Probably a gift from time travelling ascendents from the year 3000
Or, that may be the representation of what time travel is like if you fly NY-London following or against the Earth's rotation and you get caught in a circular time loophole midway,... but without the hole part. Well... methinks. :::)

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Wow. You guys are opening my eyes! I thought it was about how a train can turn around in a 1km by 1km space while at the same time a 20x20 meter space (er, isn't that the graphic scale? I forget now).... but wow! This could lead to things like time travel or FTL travel! LOL

Leartin

Don't you get it? Remember, in the year 2999, the technological singularity happens. With this, humanity Simuthanity ascends to a higher sphere, continuing their existence as mere entities of light with no physical body. Thus, "transportation" and "goods" lose their meaning, as does the creation of rail networks. Hence starting 2999, nothing changes in the physical world anymore.

Scientists thought it was a rather abrupt event after a long period of stagnation in technology, but we now have proof that it was a long-term, guided development! It all started with space-distorting locomotives!

...but what has it to do with Illuminati? Let's test some waterslides to find out...

IgorEliezer

Quote from: Leartin on October 05, 2017, 11:49:01 AM...but what has it to do with Illuminati?

WAIT A SEC! I've just found something! Have a closer look at the Simutrans logo.

D:

Isaac Eiland-Hall

LIES! Everyone knows that symbol is on US¹ money, and money DOES. NOT. GROW. ON. TREES. So it must be a lie. :)

¹ hey, I almost said "American money", so strike a blow for international relations <3

Leartin

But... Money is made of trees! In P192C, you send trees from the woodcutter to the paper mill, and the paper is sent to a moneyprinter, which prints the bills to be sent to Scrooges Money Bin. Sure, I technically did not yet create that moneyprinter, mainly because I'm not done with the octopus-milking-machine for the ink yet, but trees become paper, and it's paper money, so... QED.

(And because I don't want this to be forgotten, a gem of the German forums, in the original pitch for a money chain, an accurate economic observation: "BANK (consumes: bills and coins, produces: - )" )

Leartin

Uhm... guys... totally unrelated, but... you know... giant kraken, right? Erm... are they, by chance, not the nice honorary vertebrate that's a bit easily scared and wets it's pants with ink (though not wearing pants, and it't not entirely certain whether a fish in water is or isn't wet, and if ink could change that, but I may digressing at this point)...
This question, of course, has nothing to do with the slightly angry looking individual about to perform a tentacruel cruelity, why would you ask?

Isaac Eiland-Hall

I have banned the double-poster:

https://i.imgur.com/2Al3QmN.png

Also, that's a really pretty little... well... big... guy :)

Also also, the bank bit is HILARIOUS. <3