News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Loading addons crashes the game

Started by Vladki, October 14, 2017, 12:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vladki

Hello, I came upon this bug when debugging the smokes on industries.

If you put a factory in ~/simutrans/adddons/pakXY, that overwrites already existing factory, it will crash the game. If you move the pak file to the main pakXY directory, it will load OK.
However it does not crash if you override a station pak.

jamespetts

Thank you for the report. I must confess that I have not used addons in many years. Does factory overriding like this work without problems in Standard, do you know? I have never really looked into the addons/overriding code.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Vladki

I had never such a problem with standard. IIRC overriding factories worked just fine.

Vladki

I have found out that it is not just addons. In pak128.CS we have some duplicates (two authors made the same vehicle), which were long unnoticed. At leas half a year ago they did not cause any problems in extended. Now I can't start simutrans with pak128.CS due to duplicates in mail pak directory. I do not even load any addons.

Reading object data from pak128.CS/...
Message: ground_desc_t::register_desc():        setting raster width to 128
Warning: vehicle_builder_t::register_desc():    Object CD_380_Messerschmitt was overlaid by addon!
Message: ground_desc_t::register_desc():        setting raster width to 128
Message: register_desc():       Notice: obj Outside already defined
Warning: vehicle_builder_t::register_desc():    Object Karosa_SL_11 was overlaid by addon!
Warning: vehicle_builder_t::register_desc():    Object Karosa_SD_11 was overlaid by addon!
Warning: vehicle_builder_t::register_desc():    Object Karosa_SM_11 was overlaid by addon!
Warning: vehicle_builder_t::register_desc():    Object Karosa_B_731 was overlaid by addon!
Neoprávněný přístup do paměti (SIGSEGV)

jamespetts

Thank you for that. Are you able to upload a compiled pakset with a single override in which this problem can reliably be reproduced?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.