News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Removing contracts from factories

Started by Vladki, October 16, 2017, 08:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vladki

Hello,

in public player tools there is a tool to make a contract between two factories. Would it be too hard to make a tool that will cancel a contract?

I sucessfully did such hack in standard by saving the game as xml, but extended does not offer such save format. It could be useful for other hacks/debugging ;)

jamespetts

I have never looked into creating such a tool - in principle, the same result could be achieved by deleting and rebuilding the industry and then adding all but the offending connexion. It would probably be possible, but a non-trivial amount of work (and it would take a fair bit of work just to work out where to change to code to add such a tool).

Are you sure that Extended cannot save files in XML? I do not remember changing that part of the code.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Vladki

Quote from: jamespetts on October 16, 2017, 11:11:36 PM
I have never looked into creating such a tool - in principle, the same result could be achieved by deleting and rebuilding the industry and then adding all but the offending connexion. It would probably be possible, but a non-trivial amount of work (and it would take a fair bit of work just to work out where to change to code to add such a tool).

Are you sure that Extended cannot save files in XML? I do not remember changing that part of the code.
The problem with deleting factory is that it will delete also its suppliers and and recipients, that have a contract only with the deleted factory.

I wanted to save as xml but could not find the option to do it. Only save version but not xml/binary

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

jamespetts

Where is the equivalent option in Standard, may I ask?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Vladki

Quote from: jamespetts on October 16, 2017, 11:23:10 PM
Where is the equivalent option in Standard, may I ask?

OK, you win :) - nowhere, just in simuconf.tab. I was under the impression that I was able to change it in advanced settings dialogue. No, I can't do that even in standard.

So now I have a xml save (the demo game), but it does not load:

World destroyed.
Warning: karte_t::load: Fileversion: 120004
FATAL ERROR: loadsave_t::start_tag() - expected "/roadsign_t", got "koord3d>
  ��������������������������������������"
Aborting program execution ...

For help with this error or to file a bug report please see the Simutrans forum at
http://forum.simutrans.com
Neúspěšně ukončen (SIGABRT)

jamespetts

Do I understand that XML loading and saving does not work at all in Extended?

Vladki

Well, you can save as xml, and the result looks like XML, but cannot be loaded.

jamespetts

And does XML loading work in Standard?

Vladki

It did one or two years ago. I'll check latest nightly tonight.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

jamespetts

Vladki

I have tested with standard. XML save/load worked fine for pak128 and pak128.CS, but not for pak128.Britain - it saved as binary, and crashed on loading one 2,5 years old save.

Tried pak.sweden with simutrans-extended and it fails with the same error as pak.britain.

wlindley

as to original topic: Already exists, does it not? Clicking one industry and then another with the Link Industries tool (at least in the Britain pak) creates a contract; doing the same with Ctrl+Click cancels that contract. 

Vladki

Quote from: wlindley on October 18, 2017, 09:15:30 PM
as to original topic: Already exists, does it not? Clicking one industry and then another with the Link Industries tool (at least in the Britain pak) creates a contract; doing the same with Ctrl+Click cancels that contract.

Wow! It really works! Another hidden ctrl-click feature, thanks for the hint

jamespetts

Thank you for testing the XML saving/loading and noting the CTRL+click feature of which even I was unaware respectively - that is most helpful.

It seems as though XML saving is really not working properly even in Standard - I think that it is virtually deprecated.

TurfIt

XML saving/loading works fine, if hideously slow...XML_zipped much more tolerable.  (in Standard)
Pak128.Britain's issue is malformed simuconf inappropriately containing "system" settings like the save format.

jamespetts

I cannot find these settings in Pak128.Britain-Ex's simuconf.tab - are these only in the Standard version?