News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

[120.1.4 Nightly r7923]Server & client crash after removing company with nettool

Started by River, October 27, 2016, 11:51:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

River

Hey,

With build r7923 or maybe earlyer the server (and client) crash after i remove a company with assets (without the senario script gives an error) using the nettool. The nettool is an older version but hasn't given any problems before. There is no real information in the logfiles.

the server is running the region senario.

River

DrSuperGood

Maybe caused by R7907? To transfer to Public service player more logic was required. Perhaps there is a null dereference there.

River

i really hope people can fix this, without companies being able to go bankrupt its gone cause problems for companies that can't be saved.

Dwachs

Is this happening consistently? Would it be possible to provide the savegame + script ?
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

DrSuperGood

i really hope people can fix this, without companies being able to go bankrupt its gone cause problems for companies that can't be saved.
Is it crashing when any company goes bankrupt? Or only when companies are forcefully removed with nettool?

If it is any company going bankrupt it might be due to R7907. Instead of objects going to NULL player they go to the public service player. Although what was changed seemed logical, it is possible there are some undocumented/obscure behaviour at work.

Dwachs

I cannot reproduce this locally. Could you please upload savegame + script somewhere?
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

DrSuperGood

it crashes when a company goes bankrupt.
What sort of stuff do the companies own? For example do they own ways under public stops? Or maybe bridges with other player convoys on them at the time? These were both cases recently modified in an attempt to change ownership to the public service instead of to NULL.

River

last time i checked it where mail stops and conoys. but i can try some more examples

Yona-TYT

I suspect that it can be a problem with the "text label", but I do not know how to use "nettool" to replicate the error.

I wonder if this worked well in early versions of the script ¿?