News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Game performance deteriorates

Started by Rollmaterial, March 09, 2017, 06:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rollmaterial

When loading this game saved in commit 1df859f with the latest nightly, it starts with passenger numbers going though the roof, then performance deteriorates slowly. After about 2 game months, the game starts freezing for longer periods of time.

This seems to have something to do with passenger generation, as I've seen very large amounts of passengers wanting to go to a specific place waiting at a station.

sve: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByLSSg3gXTz-RmhlVUpfdmlJNjg/view?usp=sharing

Junna

Is this the thing that happened to me before? I reported in a previous post. It was like 4... or 40 million passengers at a single stop. I had to delete the stop and rebuild it.

Vladki

Cou you check the memory consumption when the performance is degraded? This may be related to the out of memory problem I reported about week ago. I have also some stops with millions of passengers waiting.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

jamespetts

I am having some trouble reproducing this; are you able to give any more precise information as to when, in the latest version, it can be reproduced?

Edit: I may have solved this yesterday; can you check whether this still occurs in the latest nightly version?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Vladki

So far so good. Both servers at server.exp.simutrans.com survived for more than 24 hours.