News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

pakset mismatch with crossings

Started by Vladki, April 13, 2017, 11:16:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vladki

I have compiled fresh pak128.britain-ex and put it on the server. But when I try to connect to a server game, it says that the paksets do not match. I have cleaned , rsynced, checked  many times - everything is absolutely identical.
Lengthy in-game compare of paksets said that the problem is with objects:

Name=CrossingAFB
Name=CrossingT
Name=CrossingNarrowAHB

all of them have defined
sound=level-crossing.wav
but that file does not exist - there is a misnamed "evel-crossing.wav"
But even after renaming the file, cleaning and rsyncing again, the network connection still says that these three objects do not match

jamespetts

This is very odd - I am currently staying with my parents and away from my development computer, so cannot do any complex debugging. Can you check to see which commit introduced this error? That would help me greatly. Thank you.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Vladki

I am going away too, but I suspect that adding sound to crossing might have done tge damage. No other crossings have sound.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Vladki

I still have problem with pakset mismatch. Could someone try connecting with the pak from http://server.exp.simutrans.com to confirm?

So, I have commented the sound= lines in ways/new-crossing.dat and  ways/narrow-crossing.dat and now the pakset matches. There are no other corssings with sound, so this must be the root of the bug.