Author Topic: place cities in a new map  (Read 739 times)

Offline lennon81

place cities in a new map
« on: May 05, 2017, 10:57:58 AM »
Hello, this is my first post, thanks in advance for your help.

I'm really interested in creating a Milan-greater Milan map. I see it's full of tutorials to make accurate heightmaps, but I really can't find the way to place cities and industries. How to do it? Is it possible not to have "random" cities next to each other?

Thanks again!

Offline Combuijs

• Web Team
  • Helpful: 53
  • Maintainer of maps.simutrans.com
    • Combuijs
  • Languages: EN, NL
Re: place cities in a new map
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 11:51:07 AM »
Hi and welcome!

For placing cities and factories, change to public player (in most paksets that's a button with a P+ on it). Now there will be an edit map button available. Press that and a new toolbar comes up with lots of options to place cities, factories, attractions, increase/decreate inhabitants etc.

If you start a new map with 0 cities, no cities will be generated (no surprise there I guess). Same for industries.
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

Offline lennon81

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2017, 12:07:58 PM »
Hi and welcome!

For placing cities and factories, change to public player (in most paksets that's a button with a P+ on it). Now there will be an edit map button available. Press that and a new toolbar comes up with lots of options to place cities, factories, attractions, increase/decreate inhabitants etc.

If you start a new map with 0 cities, no cities will be generated (no surprise there I guess). Same for industries.

Thanks. So, if I change to public player then I can save a map and share it? 

Offline An_dz

• Web Admin
  • Administrator
  • Helpful: 89
  • D'oh
    • by An_dz
  • Languages: PT, EN, (it, de)
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2017, 03:22:29 PM »
Sure.