News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

[Tip] How to Avoid Overcrowding on Stations

Started by stmaker, May 23, 2010, 01:02:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stmaker

How to Avoid Overcrowding on Stations

Players are now having trouble with one common thing in Simutrans, overcrowding. Usually, overcrowding takes place on any stops and stations, either passengers or goods.

Here are some tips to avoid them.

On a station:
- Add some extensions (large ones, if so) to the station to increase space for passengers/goods
- If your platform (station) has a small capacity, you can upgrade to a high level for larger capacity

Passengers
On a line of buses with some overcrowding stations
- Add more buses to that line
- If those buses have a small capacity of passengers, replace them with larger capacity

On a line of trams with some overcrowding stations
- Add some more trams to that line
- Same thing as buses, if they have small capacity, replace them with larger capacity
- Create a "circle" tram line/rail (for two or more trams) to smooth travelling of trams

On a line of trains, monorails or maglev with some overcrowding stations
- Add more passenger cars to those vehicles
- If those cars have small capacity, replace them with larger capacity
- Create a "circie" line to smooth travelling of trams

On a line of ships and planes with an overcrowding air/sea port
- Add more planes/ships
- Replace them with larger capacity planes/ships

Goods
On a line of trucks carrying goods on a overcrowding station
- Add more trucks (both with or without trailers) to the line
- Replace trucks/trailers with larger capacity

Big tip: Use a train

These tips can make your network better, so that there would be no more overcrowding.
Feedback is appreciated and if you need help regarding to this tutorial, reply here.
Version using: Simutrans v111.0
Paks: pak64, pak96.comic, pak128 openr582, pak128.Britain, pak128.Japan, pak192.comic
Using: Paint.NET, Paint, Photoshop, SketchUp
Future Addon(s): Building (Link)
Current Addon(s): Eye-See Mart and Several Building addons  Ask me any questions. I'm free.

stmaker

Reserved
Paks: pak64, pak96.comic, pak128 openr582, pak128.Britain, pak128.Japan, pak192.comic
Current Addon(s): Eye-See Mart and Several Building addons  Ask me any questions. I'm free.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Only that "double-posting" applies to the last 24 hours. Since "May" is more than 24 hours ago, it is not a double-post.

It is a "bump", but it seems reasonable to ask.

Having said that, I don't have any suggestions, except that this is rather simplistic for a "tutorial". But if it helps someone, that's good.

stmaker

I'd updated the tips. I added few of them which included on goods.

stmaker