News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Messages Settings - what do you use?

Started by Severous, July 31, 2009, 03:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Severous

Hi

I have all my in game messages turned on.  Do you? If not which ones do you have turned off?

The one message I have tried to turn off is the new world record message.  It doesn't seem to add any value. (doesn't trigger higher earning named elite vehicles).  Can I turn them off via the message interface?  Cant see how.

Regards
Sev.

mobo

Sure you can turn them off. If the message type has no green button in one of the 3 coloumns it won't appear. The columns change the way the message gets displayed: as floating text in the bar at bottom, as window that disappears by itself after a certain time or as window that oyu have to close manually.

Your setting in screenie say all messages as permanent windows.

I use: "stuck vehicle" and "no route" as permanent windows, all the rest just floats thrugh at the bottom line. You can read them again in the mailbox if you mised something anyway.

Severous

Hmm. confused now.

I cant see a green button against world speed records.  World speed records are not mentioned anywhere on the message settings. 
Do I turn them off with the bottom button...the one that has no description against it? Could that button cover all message types not mentioned above?
Regards
Sev.

Ormac

Just Worked Out that speed records are grouped as part of the New Vehicle Messages.

Just let me update Starter Guide 3.04  :-[

Ormac 8)
Simutrans Reference Material Blog SRM very wet ink
Download Simutrans Reference Material from http://docs.simutrans.com