Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
Bug Reports / Re: [r8293] Load passangers scheduled to go to depot
« Last post by Dwachs on Today at 02:35:47 PM »
We could unload the train at the last stop before going to the depot.
Usted se refiere a lo escenarios de secuencias de comando (script) ??, tal vez le interese probar el tutorial que yo (con ayuda de algunos desarrolladores) desarrolle para el pak128.

http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=15152.msg165136#msg165136
Bug Reports / Re: [r8293] Load passangers scheduled to go to depot
« Last post by prissi on Today at 01:11:43 PM »
It works, but it will not affect already borded passengers.
[ES]Español (Spanish) / Mejor pack / escenario para transporte publico ?
« Last post by aomd88 on Today at 10:31:11 AM »
Hace mucho tiempo que no juego con Simutrans y ahora veo que tiene bastantes cosas nuevas desde que yo lo usaba.

Ahora mismo lo que me apetece es probar con un escenario donde pueda montar una red de  transporte publico de pasajeros y con varias opciones de transporte intermodal , ya sé que es una de las formas mas dificiles de hacer dinero en el juego ... ¿Me podéis recomendar alguna combinación de pack y escenario que sea especialmente interesante para hacer algo así ?
Thanks! I was thinking it must be something among those lines. However I kept looking at the building from which the station wasn't loading, assuming it was something wrong with it... didn't consider the destination might have been full at the other end, as indeed the shopping center doesn't have everything it needs to also run and complete the chain.

Does industry growth occur naturally, and can I speed up the process? As in, will new factories automatically spawn around the map at a certain point if I wait long enough?

Also how do I change contracts and hook industries together? From what I noticed, every factory will automatically point to every other factory that can supply it. I understand there might be more to that however.
Considered Patches / Re: Low FPS & CPU/GPU usage
« Last post by MirceaKitsune on Today at 10:09:59 AM »
Set the desired framerate in simuconf.tab.
The settings menu having a 25 limit is yet another oversight...
The patch here could still use some refinement.

I couldn't find a simuconf.tab in my user settings directory. Just a settings.xml, in which I tried finding and editing the value but to no avail. I'm using the version installed by my distribution via the system packages, though if it's easy to compile I should probably checkout from Git at this point.
Simutrans Help Center / Re: Creating or destroying cities and jobs
« Last post by MirceaKitsune on Today at 10:03:02 AM »
Kind of tangent:

Correct me if I'm wrong, factories get a  "production boost" with workers from the cities (and energy from powerlines), don't they?

It is not like destroying city buildings will make the factories stop for lack of workforce (I read somewhere the factories were designed as if they had workers of their own living there inside -- oh that's dark) but that would affect them to a limited degree as a loss of productive potential.

I was actually wondering how delivering workers and electricity to a factory affects it. I've seen that there are power plants throughout the world and an option to draw power lines, also that you can transport passengers to those factories to earn money... however I can't tell if and how either of those affect the performance of that factory, and would enjoy more insight on it.

So far I haven't seen cities physically growing on their own yet. This might be due to the fact that I haven't gotten too far, as my transports always turn out negative and cause the city to lose money.
Bug Reports / [r8293] Load passangers scheduled to go to depot
« Last post by HyperSim on Today at 06:52:31 AM »
Hello, everyone.

When you set line and insert "Depot" in the middle of schedule like this.

Passangers at stop A believe this bus will go to stop B but the bus will go to depot and passangers will disappear.

I saw the source code (r8293) and found this in simconvoy.cc (l.2890).
I think this part does not work well.

Code: [Select]
if(  grund_t *gr = welt->lookup( schedule->entries[wrap_i].pos )  ) {
if(  gr->get_depot()  ) {
// do not load for stops after a depot
break;
}
}

Thank you.
Simutrans Help Center / Re: Trains stop loading cargo after some time
« Last post by Ters on Today at 06:07:38 AM »
Or rather than wait for growth, you can build a steel sub-chain manually. That requires hooking the industries together with contracts.
DrSuperGood has already mentioned that, but we are not (just) addressing the problem of replacing entire vehicles. For trains (and perhaps trams), modifying existing vehicles is also an issue. Having them scatter to depots all along the line isn't the easiest way of dealing with that. Having them all go into no-load mode at the same time might not be ideal either.
I agree with you.  So, I provide a new option for this feature.

In the schedule list window, there's a "terminal" button.
You can set any stop as a terminal and as many stops as you want.
I recommend setting a stop near depot as terminal.

When you press "All Go Home" button, convoy show status "go home after terminal" and after reaching the next "terminal" stop from the current schedule.

If there's no "terminal" stop, convoys will go to depot directly.

However, there's an issue.
- passangers who want to go to a stop after the "terminal" are sent to depot too.

Here's my plan to solve this.
- Do not load passanger who want to go to a stop after the "terminal" when "All Go Home" button pressed.
- Unload all passanger at "terminal" stop to prevent passanger sent to depot.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10