News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

station coverage - industry

Started by Vladki, April 17, 2016, 07:00:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vladki

Hi,

I have changed the default station coverage for cargo to 4, and have noticed that some factories are connected and some are not. Typically it is those that are in the "corner" of coverage area, as if the coverage is in fact round and not square. Is that a design feature?

Moreover - station info states that the factory is connected, while factory info says that it is not. Cargo is not loaded.

jamespetts

I have pushed what I believe might be a fix for this; would you be able to test it? It may well only work for halts placed after the fix is applied.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Vladki

Seems to be partially fixed - cargo is accepted by station 4 tiles diagonally from industry, but the industry itself does not list the station as connected.

jamespetts

Does this apply to industries and stations created after the fix was applied?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Vladki

test game here: https://uran.webstep.net/~vladki/simutrans/trnava.sve
cargo coverage=3, look at trnava fishmonger stop.   Stop reports coverage as if it were square, but shops report coverage as if it were diamond shaped.
For testing I set up a few lines delivering cargo to convenience store that is in the corner of coverage area

both stop and industries were built after the patch was applied

One more observation - cargo is accepted in square range, but sent only to stations within diamond range

Vladki

I have updated the save from my last post. I have noticed one more bug. For bigger factories, it depends on map rotation if they are connected or not.
Look at the paper mill stop - you'll se that both paper mill and textile mill are connected. But if you look at the factories, only textile mill is connected, and only in 2 map rotations.