News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Personal Messages have been turned off (Now you need to request it back now)

Started by Isaac Eiland-Hall, February 12, 2010, 07:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isaac Eiland-Hall

For the present time, for security reasons, personal messages have been turned off.

Edit by Igor:    
Now you'll need to request private messages to be turned on here:
http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=4996.0

rsdworker

i have question - why? its was connected with spam problem?

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Michael 'Cruzer'

That's a problem, because I know that I've received a message (because of the pop up window), but it's doesn't allowed to me to view it!
Would be fine to know what's the context of this message!
Founder and Ex-Maintainer of pak192.comic. Provider of Simutrans Hosting rental service.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Actually, I think I have a solution. I can make it where you can READ but not SEND them. By the time you get this, that should work. :)

Colin

Quote from: Isaac.Eiland-Hall on February 15, 2010, 05:35:35 PM
Actually, I think I have a solution. I can make it where you can READ but not SEND them. By the time you get this, that should work. :)

I'm missing something in my interpretation of this. If you can't send e'm, how can anyone read e'm?
I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it

Thought for the day

When you are up to your backside in alligators, it is difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp.

Spike

Quote from: Colin on February 16, 2010, 10:48:21 PM
I'm missing something in my interpretation of this. If you can't send e'm, how can anyone read e'm?

Old ones, I assume.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Quote from: Colin on February 16, 2010, 10:48:21 PM

Two posts up:

Quote from: Michael 'Cruzer' on February 15, 2010, 05:16:08 PM
That's a problem, because I know that I've received a message (because of the pop up window), but it's doesn't allowed to me to view it!

DirrrtyDirk

Any chance that the personal messages feature will be turned on again in the future?

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

VS

Perhaps we should start re-enabling them for known people?

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

jonasbb

A quick question:
You mean the personal messages in the forum?

These are working for me since a few weeks. Sending and Getting mails.

Zeno

I thought they were already enabled back. Didn't I sent one to you on friday, VS?

Isaac Eiland-Hall

They are disabled for "normal" members.

DirrrtyDirk

Quote from: Isaac.Eiland-Hall on March 22, 2010, 12:52:00 AM
They are disabled for "normal" members.

and for inactive Devotees as well  ;) (or do you mean only Admins and Moderators can use it and not even the Devotees?)

Colin

Quote from: DirrrtyDirk on March 22, 2010, 11:50:40 AM
and for inactive Devotees as well  ;) (or do you mean only Admins and Moderators can use it and not even the Devotees?)

I hope this is not so. It would appear that our 'Benevolent Dictator' is becoming a true dictator. lol.
I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it

Thought for the day

When you are up to your backside in alligators, it is difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Excuse me, but my solution to this issue was not implemented, so do not blame me with the current status.

The team of administrators decided what to do. I was in the minority, so the majority won, as it was supposed to be.

Combuijs

It works for devotees. So you can better become active again DirrrtyDirk  ;) .
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

DirrrtyDirk

No, I think I'll stay with the plebs a while longer.  ;)

Colin

Quote from: Isaac.Eiland-Hall on March 23, 2010, 04:15:52 PM
Excuse me, but my solution to this issue was not implemented, so do not blame me with the current status.

The team of administrators decided what to do. I was in the minority, so the majority won, as it was supposed to be.

Hey Isaac, it was a joke, ha ha hardy ha ha

Thought for the day

Lmallet

Quote from: Isaac.Eiland-Hall on March 23, 2010, 04:15:52 PM

So, could the team of administrators tell us what exactly is going on/planned with PMs?  A few users have been asking on the FR board and I don't know what to tell them at this point.  I can understand why they don't want to us their real email instead.

VS

Good news - PMs are back, although under "restricted mode". From now on, members will have request PMs individually.

To request them, go here.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

neroden

I'd just like to remind jonasbb that I cannot respond to his PM (which left me perplexed for a while). 

(To answer his question, unfortunately I know of no way to get a git repo running on an arbitrary server unless you can install programs on that server; there may be a way but I don't know of a way.  But you can get a free account on the github servers, which have all the right programs installed, if your project is open source, such as the Artistic License.)