News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Hi! i cant fix config file for change increasing function in standart simutrans

Started by dreamerrrr, February 23, 2015, 10:57:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreamerrrr

i cant fix config file for change increasing function in standart simutrans game in wordpad, system writes access denied... i tried to put administrator rights but its nothing changes, but it works in sim experimental due Sarlock's advise!=),  but that game i think more resousable, and game crashed over 9 000 000, but in standart game i think city can be increased more than 15 000 000... an i wanna try it=)

-------------------

oh and I have another problem - the game shows error Error Sity Handler, as i understood there is small quantity of city names, or not good name-generator...

DrSuperGood

Modify the file permissions so it does have access. Also make sure Simutrans is closed when modifying the files in case Simutrans has a read/write lock on it.

dreamerrrr

Quote from: DrSuperGood on February 23, 2015, 03:25:23 PM
Modify the file permissions so it does have access. Also make sure Simutrans is closed when modifying the files in case Simutrans has a read/write lock on it.

unfortinatelly it doesnt work, permissions automatically back to default

Ters

I'm not sure if I understand the question, but if you want to edit c:\program files\simutrans\config\simuconf.tab on a system following Microsoft's intentions (UAC on and such), you need to run your text editor of choice in administrator mode (right click, Run as administrator) and then open simuconf.tab in that instance.

prissi

ALthoguh you certainly does not need to do so. YOu can as well put the simuconf.tab into your My Document/Simutrans/addons/pakxyz/simuconf.tab or just My Document/Simutrans/simuconf.tab. This will override all simuconf.tabs read earlier.

dreamerrrr

the problem is, digits wich i want to change from +100 to + 1000 000 is in 3 files menuconf.tab menuconf_1.ta_ and menuconf_2.ta_   and no one of it dont changes, and if after creation of other 3 text files and changhing the format and replaceming instead of originals, settings also changes to default. and wordpad and blocknote has no right click funtion run as admin.

and i have other question - how can i make in the game for cities automatically grow new skyscrapers?, has packsets many buildings or i need download it separately?, has packsets roads and avenus 2x2 3x3... or it also separately installs?

Ters

Quote from: dreamerrrr on February 24, 2015, 03:00:15 PM
the problem is, digits wich i want to change from +100 to + 1000 000 is in 3 files menuconf.tab menuconf_1.ta_ and menuconf_2.ta_   and no one of it dont changes, and if after creation of other 3 text files and changhing the format and replaceming instead of originals, settings also changes to default. and wordpad and blocknote has no right click funtion run as admin.

Simutrans only has menuconf.tab. The two other files serves no purpose, unless the pak set author has provided them as alternatives for something. All Windows-programs can be run as administrator, as long as you have the right to act as administrator. But if you can't act as administrator, you would not have been able to install Simutrans this way in the first place. You haven't given any information about your system, and I can only speak for Windows Vista and Windows 7.

Quote from: dreamerrrr on February 24, 2015, 03:00:15 PM
and i have other question - how can i make in the game for cities automatically grow new skyscrapers?, has packsets many buildings or i need download it separately?, has packsets roads and avenus 2x2 3x3... or it also separately installs?

Cities grow both taller and wider when well serverd by a transportation company. No pak set really has sky scrapers of hundred floors or more, as there is a limit to how tall things can be in Simutrans before the graphics break down. All complete pak sets should however support buildings typical of European cities. Roads in Simutrans are all a single tile.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Note that because this user has continually double-posted and ignored my warnings, they will not be able to reply until they acknowledge them and promise not to double-post again.

IgorEliezer

Quote from: Isaac.Eiland-Hall on February 26, 2015, 05:52:26 AMNote that because this user has continually double-posted and ignored my warnings, they will not be able to reply until they acknowledge them and promise not to double-post again.
@all: Just to add, the double-post rule exists to avoid the forum being used as a chat. If you want to add additional info, please edit your last comment, instead of posting another post just after yours in a short period of time.