News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

New signalling broken in Experimental 12.0

Started by fam621, September 06, 2016, 06:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fam621

James, when will the signalling be fixed, I am so keen to play more Experimental 12.0. But the signalling is broken. :(

Ves

I think that the signalling is much more stable now, as he has reverted some code that earlier made it unstable. There should in fact already be a new build that you can download. I would suggest also to download the zip-file containing all the base files as I think some of those have been altered as well.

This being said, I think you still may encounter some issues as it is still work in progress. When it is completely 'fixed', no one knows, including James. I can asure you :)

jamespetts

Ves is correct - the signalling should be largely fixed now, although I cannot be sure that there are not some bugs remaining. If you find any specific bug after downloading and installing the latest executable kindly prepared by the community, I should be grateful if you could post a specific bug report.

Incidentally, I am moving this topic to Simutrans-Experimental development, as this is a post about the game itself, not any particular pakset.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

fam621

Can I have an updated version of it then please. :)

Ves

Its already online where you found the old ones.

Vladki

Is there any significant change in the base files? I usually do not bother updating them. I update only the executable and pakset.

Ves

Occacionally I get a sync error with GitHub from simuconf.tab because I have altered it (I have enabled singleuser install = 1) and I guess that whenever that happens there are some change to the file.

fam621

Broken signalling again James. Sent you the .sve via gmail.

Ves

Fam, i think James would appreciate it if you opened a new topic where you precisely describe what is wrong. There are currently still some issues with the signaling and you can help very much by being clear of what exactly is wrong. :)

jamespetts

I am afraid that I cannot even begin to try to fix this without you describing what the problem is. Also, as Ves indicated, you ought to start a new topic for each specific problem, as set out in the forum guidelines (and as I think that I have indicated before).

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

fam621

Infact the trains are glichy, they keep stopping outside of the station. :(

jamespetts

I have found and fixed a problem apparent in your saved game, in which reservations would not clear on certain station tiles (especially with short trains). I am not sure whether this is the problem that you were intending to report, however, as your message was not entirely clear.

Also, please do not again post a new bug report in an existing thread: there should be one thread per bug reported.