News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

SMSC December Edition: Islands

Started by vilvoh, December 01, 2010, 06:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vilvoh

Welcome to a new edition of the Simutrans Monthly Screenshot Contest. The December's topic is Islands, not a very christmas topic, I know but I think many people would like to be at the beach, under the palms with a cold drink...  ;D

Rules

• Picture max size: 800x600
  • Available picture formats: png or jpg
  • Topic: Islands
  • You may use any pakset you want
  • Zoom is allowed.
  • Please include a short description and mention the pak you've used.
  • You can upload the picture to an image hosting service like imgur, imageshack.us or photobucket and then post link to the image here.
  • The nomination period ends at the half of the month. Then, we'll make a poll to decide the winner(s)

Prize:

A mention at Simutrans Hall of Fame, compliments by the community and one post including your picture in the official blog.

Have fun!

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Zeno

Quote from: vilvoh on December 01, 2010, 06:57:24 PM
  • You can upload the picture to files.[ simutrans [dot] us (site down, do not visit) ] or any other image hosting service, and then post link to the image here.
Isaac's file hosting service hasn't been working for a long time, has it?

vilvoh

Mea culpa... it was the copy & paste routine... :::)

Xelofino

Hello All

Ok im the first so here is my pic.

pak64 basic with a few Addons

This little Island had been connected in 1956. Since than the town grew and i connected the sawmill. From the Passenger Harbour you can go to Darmstadt and on the Island you can go by Bus.

For those who don't see the pic : http://www.pic-upload.de/view-7975473/Kleine-Insel.png.html

Well yes

Is it a problem that it is 800x601 ? I could upload it again if it's not good like that.

Xelofino

P.S:Could i post another one or isn't that allowed? Just a question.

Silver

Hi, I'm Silver

This is the Mickey Island, in the year 1987
Pak128

vilvoh

Silver, would be possible to get the same image but without the minimap and status bars over the stops? I think I would look better for the contest...  ;)

Zeno

The Black Island, which gets its name from the heavy coal mining industry settled in its hills. It has also a nice abbey as well as a small lighthouse, which attract some tourists who accompany the mine workers in the daily ferry. Also some bulkers wait for their load on the southern industrial docks.

Edit: Used Pak128, of course.

KneeOn

I give you the top of Manhatten. I've used a New York map, several addons including a stadium addon: Estadio Joquim, Buildings by Nobody, and a couple of other building mods. The trains that run the network are added by me (not that you can see any clearly). Everything else is stock pak64.

You're looking at the Torfield district of a (very split up) Manhatten. Further south there are small cities dotted about with one trainline that links them all, another that branches off at Torfield Junction (which you can see) which allows trains to either pass straight over and through Torfield missing Torfield Station and serve Torfield South then cross the pictured bridge west towards Ashden and a couple of other smaller cities, and a branch line that goes down and to a small cluster of cities off the map on the mainland.

vilvoh

KneeOn

Thanks  :P

Do any of the SMSC's get re-ran? i've got a few Airports, that Junction and a couple of large hubs and stations but I missed them from earlier in the year!

I've never been one to take on a hard challenge, i'm lazy with my playing and enjoy the challenge of no limit on cash, but making a large and complex network which makes money. Even if money its self isn't an object! Do any of the SMSC's get re-ran since this way of playing gives the oppertunity for large and detailed stations with lots of transfers, airports with different wings and terminals, large docks or bus/tram stations etc  ;D

vilvoh

Quote from: KneeOn on December 04, 2010, 07:08:48 PM
Do any of the SMSC's get re-ran? i've got a few Airports, that Junction and a couple of large hubs and stations but I missed them from earlier in the year!

I'm afraid you'll have to wait untill the next year editions. Don't worry, we may repeat the most popular topics.

KneeOn

Quote from: vilvoh on December 04, 2010, 07:42:06 PM
I'm afraid you'll have to wait untill the next year editions. Don't worry, we may repeat the most popular topics.

Ah I can wait :)

Glad i've not missed the boat with things like Airports and Stations etc :P

sojo

"English is a easy language. But not for me." ;) sojo

follow simutrans_de on Twitter
- A home for Simutrans (in german)

Fifty

Here's a screenshot of mine that might be good for this competition. It is the town of Fire Island, a sleepy company town on a cold alpine island. It was given its name from the gas flares that can be seen from the island's oilfields. Some trains and ships are being loaded and unloaded at the docks. A switcher pushes a few cars around in the rail yard before the crew heads home for the night.

Full Size image:http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/Fiftysmsc.png

Title:Fire Island at night

Pak 64, 102.2.2

Does it need to be exactly 800x600? I think it would be better a little larger, and I see that some entries such as Zeno's are larger...
Why do we park on the driveway and drive on the parkway?

KneeOn

Fifty: that is a beautiful picture!

Fifty

Why do we park on the driveway and drive on the parkway?

Zeno

Quote from: Fifty on December 10, 2010, 10:33:29 PM
Does it need to be exactly 800x600? I think it would be better a little larger, and I see that some entries such as Zeno's are larger...
Sorry, it was my fault! (and the ph***bucket idiots too!). Now my image is fixed, and uses the correct size.
Images must be max. 800x600, but you can always use zoom when capturing your image :)

halfbeing

This is the city of Salford, currently with a population of 70,000 and made with the standard 128 pak set. It was one of two unusually large cities at the beginning of the game, and this has determined its development. It reminds me of Venice in that its railway station is situated separately from it on the mainland. Most of the island is served by a tram loop which crosses over itself 3 times. This has been heavily tweaked to iron out bottlenecks and improve speed, and there is now a short section of pre-metro. Two shorter figure-8 tram lines have had to be abandoned because of congestion at the junctions, and these have been replaced with a short monorail feeding the remaining tram line.

The very western tip of the island (right of the photo) is served with a bus which now connects both to the tram and to a ferry linking it to the suburbs of other cities that have grown towards the coastline.

There is a gas station in the centre of the city which has to be supplied by truck via the long bridge. There is also a busy bus service over the bridge to the many factories on or near the small peninsula.

Unfortunately the city is no more, victim to a bug that causes cotton farms to migrate slowly like triffids when a saved game is reopened and eventually creates files that crash the application.

vilvoh

Beautiful night scene halfgbeing!  :o

vilvoh

The contest will close in a few hours so it's the last chance to present new candidates.

gauthier

oh what an interesting SC contest ^^

This is the major part of one of my smallest saves ... a just-colonized island ;)
(right click => show picture for full size)
(WARNING : this picture is hosted only for a month !)

vilvoh

The nomination period is over. We have to deal with some issues related with Simbublik from the german forum so the begining of the poll will delay until the evening.