News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

ST switch between languages without a reason

Started by NNW, April 29, 2016, 05:28:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NNW

My Wive has a little problem with ST.
Namely, her game shows some notations in english although the OS, ST and the Pakset is complete german.
Shes use the identical ST Version and Pakset (pak128.german) as i and mine is complete in german.....

Therefore my Question: In which cases use ST the english ones?

Frank

Normally if there is no translation.

Then there are strings that are missing in the Translator and therefore have no translation.

Except at the very beginning at the start because there has not yet been loaded, the translation file.

The settings dialog has no translation of the parameters.

example see here

Quote from: Frank on March 08, 2016, 10:20:17 PM
Base text

Landscape Settings Window

lake

prissi

If you have a network game, then towns, some station names and so on will be in the language which runs the server. Apart from that it can be only missings strings.

NNW

But there are no missing strings. The translation from pak128.german is complete and shes has all the files. Thats what i dont understand...

Frank

Quote from: NNW on May 02, 2016, 05:26:54 AM
.... The translation from pak128.german is complete and shes has all the files. ...

If you are so sure, they prove it but with screenshots.

Because this statement is very general to be able to help.

(Prissi corrected English)

prissi

Apparently some are missing, like Underground Editor or Oak for German at least ...

NNW

WTF

Now it gets a bit confusing.
Why on your game and not my?

prissi

Maybe I have another pak128.german (I use the one downloaded by the installer). You may also have translations file in your personal directory.

It would be easy to fix (and also there could be even more translations) if this pak would have been uploaded to simutranslator.

NNW

I have access to the Repository and a account in the translator, so tell me how i can import our Texts into the translator :)

An_dz

obj=bridge
name=obj_name
note=text header menu
---

You need to create a dat with these values repeated for each obj_name.
note is a text to give help for the translators.
obj is any of those that show in the translation list, bridge, citycar, factory...

prissi

An you must have maintainer status for it too. Best to send FrankP an email/pm, if you are not.

NNW

What?
I must make a copy from all our Objects for it?
Although it is easy with perl to made this =>But sry no! we have more than 1500 from them....
If anyone want to translate our pakset in a other language he/she can copy and edit the de.tab (en.tab).....

Leartin

The .dat-files you have already include at least "obj" and "name" parameters. "note" is not obligatory. Thus, you can just upload your dat-files as-is.

prissi

THere is even a way to upload an entire pak. Frank may be able to do this, if you hit the timeout too often (which may happen with the many large images). Otherwise, for almost any pak the dat files (and the PNG) are imported without notes.

Frank

Quote from: NNW on May 07, 2016, 04:36:58 PM
What?
I must make a copy from all our Objects for it?
Although it is easy with perl to made this =>But sry no! we have more than 1500 from them....
If anyone want to translate our pakset in a other language he/she can copy and edit the de.tab (en.tab).....

I have repeatedly pointed out in recent years on maintaining the Translator with. This was ignored.

The more it becomes all the more complicated it is the first import to perform. So they do not give other now blame.

And in 1500 properties are rather little.

pak128 : 2256
pak128.britain : 2451
pak64.german : 1166/1196
pak128.cz : 3073
Pak128.Britain-Experimental : 2180
pak192.comic : 1414 ( not up to date )

Notes are for pure text, not for objects.

NNW

QuoteAnd in 1500 properties are rather little.

I have take a look in the svn and see i have miscounted a little bit...

There a re more than 3k. But regardless, give me access to to it and i will transfer our objects to the translator and the english text from our en.tab and en2.tab. It cant hurt to to that ;)