News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Wrong capacity expansion

Started by Václav, November 25, 2013, 08:48:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Václav

I wanted to re-build some station buildings in my game (pak96.comic, but it is probably not related to pakset) - and found that station building is attached to wrong station.

You can see on this scheme, that bus stop on the left side is out of reach of railwa station.

BB---BB---BB
-> SSSSS
---RRRRRRRR-

but even if it is as is, and I wanted to build station building, this station building was set as expension of that bus stop, instead railway station - even if it is not touching that bus stop.

But if I chose else point as place from where station building should be built, station was built to the same place - but now it was set as expansion of railway station, not bus stop - as it should be.

BB---BB---BB
   SSSSS <--
---RRRRRRRR

And of course, problem with wrong rotations is not solved yet.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

whoami

You might have missed parts of the bus station, e.g. extensions. Perhaps some tiles that ought to belong to the train station are already part of the bus stop. Do underground parts of either station exist?  A savegame would be helpful to check.
Apart from this possible bug: Sometimes ST has to guess what station to connect to, and may guess wrong. The player cannot explicitely specify/adjust the attachment, also, finding incorrect tiles in multilevel stations is arduous. But with hovering a station building tool over a stop, the stop´s limits should be shown.

Ters

If indeed the red bold S is judged as connected to any of the Bs (and there is no unseen parts of B here) upon construction, then there would likely be a corresponding bug where an extension will refuse to connect to B when it should. The bug would be really weird otherwise. But it's also possible that B isn't quite as it appears in the first post, either on purpose (underground structures, invisible extensions, ...) or due to a bug (parts of B not properly deleteed, error in map rotations, ...).

Václav

Quote from: whoami on November 25, 2013, 02:49:34 PM
You might have missed parts of the bus station, e.g. extensions. Perhaps some tiles that ought to belong to the train station are already part of the bus stop.
I checked it three times. Platforms of railway station has name of only one station. ... and if I destroyed that bus stop (because later I built it as part of that railway station) that caused that problem, stop was deleted (sign of station disappeared, instead shifting to else place as is happening in case of remaining parts elsewhere).

Do underground parts of either station exist?
Station has not underground part.

A savegame would be helpful to check.
Archive with addons: http://ulozto.cz/xZUuXvQT/pak96-zip
Saved game: http://ulozto.cz/xfKsjDwJ/vma-arabie-33-sve

(You need also Expansion of pak96.comic)

Click on Stáhnout, rewrite captcha text and click on Stáhnout again.

whoami

I have been able to load the savegame, but cannot reproduce yet, assuming that "Èernov - Supermarket" is the station in question. Where exactly do you place which type of building (English name would be more useful for me), and which rotation state do you use? A screenshot with visible coordinates would be the easiest for this part, I guess.
Is the station extension building that you place longer than two tiles? If yes, the tile adjacent to the bus stop might be evaluated first and therefore be used to attach to that instead of the station.

Václav

Switch to Czech (to be in latin2 - and see names correctly):

Jemniště - Jihovýchodní nádraží

whoami

When I place a single-tile extension building on (759,1025,2), it is attached to the station. Adding another one next to it: it is attached to the bus stop "Jemniste, Pod Hradbami". This is not nice, but expectable, because this tile lies adjacent to both stations and Simutrans cannot read your mind. However, the program could give the player a way to choose the station to attach to (I am not aware if there exists one), which is also needed for station platforms (e.g. underground station building conflicts with bus stops). Also, after the first construction on (759,1025,2), the train station has two corners in common with (759,1026,2), whereas the the bus stop has only one, so ST would be more helpful by preferring the train station in this case.
When building a three-tile extension building by clicking on (759,1025,2), Simutrans chooses the bus stop too, although that tile borders only with the station. This means that a change in behaviour would be useful.

So far, I call this not a bug, but the implementation of this bunch of small program features would help to build stations with more control.

Václav

A bit strange coords, 759,1025,2. In my computer I see that platform nearest to road is between 521,99,2 and 521,92,2.

Bus stop Jemniště, Pod hradbami is no problem - because it is too far from train station.

Problem is with bus stop that is nearby street corner (marked PP in scheme below).

I wanted to place station as is on scheme below. So there could be one tile of free space between station building and bus stop (marked by red colour).

But if I chose that building will be placed from place marked by blue to the right, building is expanding capacity of bus stop.
And if chose that building will be placed from place marked by purple to the left, building is expanding capacity of train station.

-PP---11---22---
xxxxBBBBBxxxxxxx
----TTTTTTTT---
----TTTTTTTT---

So, I think that it may be related to bug of wrong rotations of building (that seems be no solved yet) - because, in my opinion, right situation should be that building is placed from top to bottom (from north to south - and from east to west) at first, and if there is not space, then building should be build in else direction - with the same rotation.

And of course, a little confusing is that below building is showed only covered area - and not correctly, because in case of that large station is showed area only 5*5 (cursor and two tiles coverage) instead 9(2+5+2)*5.

I think that should be showed full used area - with highlighted area used by building, itself. For example (in case of building large 5*1):

aaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaa
aabbbbbaa
aaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaa

whoami

Sorry, I still cannot reproduce this (using rev.6936). Do you get the problem when you place a station extension building on 520,102,2? I do not, no matter what size. What ST version do you use anyway?
As said, a screenshot (taken when extending the station as described, showing the type of building to be added, the involved stations and the rotation state) would help me a lot. (I had tried the other end because I assumed that "Jemniště - Jihovýchodní předmesti" was not meant, because it is located past a curve.) You *do* mean the bus stop "Jemniště - Jihovýchodní predměstí" and the station "Jemniště - Jihovýchodní nádraží" as involved, right?
That the displayed coordinates depend on rotation state is a bug. I know that all coordinates are rotated in the data structures when pressing 'R', but the display coordinates need to show the original ones.