News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Waypoint between Presignals and signals cause problem

Started by HDomos, November 26, 2013, 07:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HDomos

When i tried some compact station design with presignals, i discovered that if there is a waypoint between the presignal and the next signal, the presignal will work like normal signal.
T1 and T2 trains both want to go through the platform. They have a waypoint(W) specified in their schedule.
T1>--------P+-----W----S--PLATFORM--->
T2>--------P/
The expected behaviour would be in this case that the trains would stop at the presignals(P) and wait for the signal(S) to become green. Then one train would go through.
The current behaviour is however that because of the waypoint the first train that reaches its presignal proceeds as expected to the platform. The seconds however does not wait until S becomes green but starts if the waypoint is free.

Attached a savegame for better understanding. It is with pak128 today nightly and r6899.

Ters

Waypoints act as signals. The major complication here is that trains can change directions at waypoints, but the reservation system doesn't handle a train doubling back at itself. So don't place waypoints on open stretches. If I really need them outside stations, I put them on signals. This causes the train to slow down a bit, and reduces it's chance of getting a green in competition with other trains, since it won't try to access the next block until it's right on the signal, but that's the safest way to use waypoints for routing.

prissi

I though that was fixed. At least there was an effort to have waypoint not acting as signals anymore. I will look into it.

Ters