News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Slope graphs don't render below sea level

Started by An_dz, March 17, 2017, 01:58:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

An_dz

There's a graphical glitch with slopes below sea level, they simply disappear on the top of the screen. See attached screen.

Only tested on GDI version, but probably affects all versions.

Dwachs

Can you please upload a savegame? Do also flat tiles disappear?
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

prissi

This could be the same problem as with too high mountains (more than 14). How many levels below zero you are there?

An_dz

Yes, flat tiles also disappear, I did not notice before as it's easier to notice on slopes as the gaps are bigger.

In the screen I'm 3 levels below sea level, but with only one it's already reproducible.

Sometimes you may not notice because the terrain texture will 'paint' the glitch hole like in this pak192.comic screen.

And yes, seems to be related with the super high mountains glitch.

Ters

I've noticed that trees suddenly appear and disappear on the edges of the map as well, but my builds are getting quite old now.

An_dz

Quote from: Ters on March 17, 2017, 07:58:57 PM
I've noticed that trees suddenly appear and disappear on the edges of the map as well, but my builds are getting quite old now.
I could not reproduce that, and my build is very fresh :D

Ters

It does not happen to all trees, just 1% or so.

An_dz

Hum, do you have any tree that uses a graph bigger than the pakset size? pak96.comic has some clouds that have some glitches because they are bigger. (i believe they are 192px)

Ters

I don't know. It's just plain pak64. If that doesn't do things right, then how can we expect anything to do so. But it certainly is the widest trees.

My thought was that maybe Simutrans should include a bit extra around the edges when it decides what to draw.

Vladki

Could it be affecting only trees that are positioned close to the edge of tile, and overlap with other tile?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Leartin

In pak192.comic it can even happen on water level, including the ocean itself. Though just 2pixels high, so barely visible.

Ters

Quote from: Vladki on March 18, 2017, 07:59:29 AM
Could it be affecting only trees that are positioned close to the edge of tile, and overlap with other tile?

Probably.