News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Barely No Passenger on the latest devel-new half-heights

Started by nuhgl, May 25, 2016, 09:42:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nuhgl

Good Day!

I am enjoying the lastest devel-new version of Simutrans Exp with the latest half-heights pak.
And I get very little paseenger generated.
I have rail line running between +5000 population cites from its centre, 30 minuets frequency. And almost over 40kmph game date's 0 speed bonus.

It is expected that train should be full or filled with many passengers on the lastest stable release version of Simutrans Exp.

But I cannot firgure it out what new features in there on devel-new version which makes almost no passengers on my new rail line.  :-[

jamespetts

Welcome to the forum! Thank you for your interest in Simutrans-Experimental. It is difficult to analyse the position without seeing a copy of your saved game; are you able to upload a copy so that I can try to understand why your line is not well patronised?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

nuhgl

http://dl.free.fr/u7UPHLGmF

Here it is.

Thanks for welcoming James!  :D
And much thanks for great simulation!!

Ves

Hello and welcome! :-)
From the screenshot it looks like there are no busses or other similar that will "feed" the station with passengers. Remember that people will not walk too far to get to the train station.
Although I'm unsure if there also are any hardcoded mechanics that is new, the config files for the new version may be different. For example the passenger generation, journey tolerance etc and also the new job slot system can be tweaked in the simuconf.tab

jamespetts

I am afraid that I cannot download the file from that site, as it refuses to interact with people using adblockers (I am not sure why there are any internet users who do not use ad blockers, but that is another matter).

May I suggest that you upload the file to http://files.simutrans-germany.com/ ?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Junna

Even disabling adblock I could not get it to download, either.

nuhgl

Quote from: jamespetts on May 25, 2016, 11:16:51 PM
I am afraid that I cannot download the file from that site, as it refuses to interact with people using adblockers (I am not sure why there are any internet users who do not use ad blockers, but that is another matter).

May I suggest that you upload the file to http://files.simutrans-germany.com/ ?

It seems I cannot upload save file at http://files.simutrans-germany.com/

But I found some suspicion of bits_per_month and meters_per_tile config that I changed. Accroding to "Month length in hours: reference sheet" by Carl here.

I have changed meters_per_tile to 18 and 23 for meters_per_tile to have near 12 hours in game time, then I get this issue of having very low passengers.
When these two are default then I get good amount of passengers.

Rollmaterial

If it doesn't start downloading, you have to click "Valider et télécharger le fichier". By the way, I doubt any currently active contributor to Experimental speaks French.

jamespetts

Yes, the meters_per_tile and bits_per_month affect passenger generation. Out of interest, why did you change them?

nuhgl

Quote from: jamespetts on June 02, 2016, 01:00:11 AM
Yes, the meters_per_tile and bits_per_month affect passenger generation. Out of interest, why did you change them?

I see! Cheers James!  :D

I wanted to have game time as close as possilbe to twelve hours, and keeping metres per tile low.

For having twelve hours game time, I wanted to have easier and calibrated mangement of timetabling, especially when it comes to try good transfer, mid-route hub with minimum connecting time.

And also to keep distance unit low, that I thought shorter metres on a single block seemed realistic.  :P

jamespetts

If you want to alter the other settings, you might consider altering passenger_trips_per_month_hundredths and mail_packets_per_month_hundredths in compensation.

nuhgl

Quote from: jamespetts on June 02, 2016, 03:52:24 PM
If you want to alter the other settings, you might consider altering passenger_trips_per_month_hundredths and mail_packets_per_month_hundredths in compensation.

I am going to give it a try and see what result I get later today! And I will write here about result.
Cheers and enjoy beautiful summer day guys!  8)

Junna

can't load that presumably 'cause old pak now (but at least now the file downloaded). But your line seems very short, and it is normal that they will not get much traffic when they only serve two cities. You should be extending the line.