Well, I think it's worth showing a little tutorial here to show how simple you can compile Simutrans for Windows with Mingw + MSYS2.
- Install MSYS2, both versions compile for x86 & x64 so install the version according to your version of Windows, if you have a x64 Windows download and install the x64 version.
- At the end of the installation keep the checkbox to run MSYS
- In the window that opens run pacman -Syuu
- A message might show telling to close MSYS. Do so and accept the message telling to terminate any running program.
- Open MSYS2 MSYS from Start menu
- Run again pacman -Syuu until no updates are found
- Install the following packages with pacman -S PackageName, where PackageName is:
mingw-w64-i686-SDL (Only if you want an SDL build OR for sound on SDL2)
mingw-w64-i686-SDL2 (Only if you want an SDL2 build)
mingw-w64-i686-libpng (for makeobj)
mingw-w64-i686-pkg-config (for makeobj)
- It's done, you can now close this window and open MSYS2 MinGW 32-Bit from Start menu
- In the window that opens navigate to the folder where Simutrans is with cd path_to_simutrans and run make
- Whenever you feel you want to update the packages run MSYS2 MSYS and call pacman -Syuu