News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Possible Bug in Commit for pak128.britain r1232!

Started by greenling, July 04, 2013, 08:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenling

Hello All
I have remake that in the commit for pak128.britain r1232 the button for the monorail in the
pak128.Britain/gui/gui64/menu_buttons.png remove it.
Here in the forum gives at least two player they use monorail addon in pak128.britain.
Whitout the monorailbutton don't work the monorailaddons. ::'( ::'(
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

kierongreen

On the otherhand to have it there is confusing when no monorail is present...

The Hood

That must have been removed when I copied jamespetts menuconf.tab straight from experimental. I will revert it for now. Longer term, I'll figure out what to use the monorail slot for and put it to good use.

greenling

Hello The Hood & Kierongreen
Here in those thread have on user be ask how build in a monorail System  in pak128.britain:
http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=7917.0
Edit1: Tomorrow try to ask jamespetts that he bulid in the monorailsystem back in pak128.braitin exp.
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)

jamespetts

The reason that I removed the monorail icon from Pak128.Britain-Ex is because it did not have any monorail vehicles in it, and having an icon that had no function was somewhat misleading and liable to confuse players.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

greenling

Hello Jamespetts, The Hood, Kierongreen
I have fond in Ireland an monorail with steam:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lartigue_Monorail
http://www.lartiguemonorail.com/
http://illianaroad.com/railroading/irelands-famous-listowel-ballybunion-steam-monorailway-first-passenger-carrying-monorail-in-the-world/
I know that it came not out Britain, but we have then a ground to use the Monorail menuButton. ::-\
Edit: on Sunday came than a Railwayreport over those Railway!

jamespetts

We don't include Ireland in Pak128.Britain, because, although it was part of the UK during much of the period that we deal with (and some of it still is), its railways have a different gauge than the rest of the UK, and totally different rolling stock, so the Irish monorails would not really be suitable in this pakset.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

greenling

Hello Jamespetts
The Mainproblem it that i Never really understand how work the Menuconf.tab for The Mainmenü.
I need for my owne stylled Pak128.(britain) This Monorailbutton in the MainMenu.There it's be planed to creat a
Monorailsystem and without the Monorailbutton can i not build it.
::'( ::'( ::'( ::'( ::'( ::'( ::'(

kierongreen

I think including the image in the pak but not the menuconfig file might be the way forward. Have an easy to edit entry in menuconfig (or an alternative menuconfig) then to enable it for people who really like having every single pak in existence loaded...

jamespetts

That could work. The Hood - what do you think?

The Hood

greenling - of course you can always copy the old menuconf and menu paks from the last release over the latest nightly and you'll get the monorail tab back. I'm afraid I haven't got the time to change this right away on SVN.

The Hood

@jamespetts - do you know what you changed in menuconf.tab to remove the monorail tab? As far as I can work out it should still be there as the monorail tool definitions are all still there, only it doesn't appear...

jamespetts

I didn't change menuconf.tab at all - I just replaced the graphic with a blank button in the .png file.

The Hood

wierd - the monorail has disappeared completely for me. Then again it's not there for the 1.13 release either - although it should be I think from the menuconf.tab entry? Is it in experimental but with a blank button?

kierongreen

Latest SVN (for standard I assume!) has a blank image in place of monorail but no changes to menuconf.tab

jamespetts

I'm not sure why the button does not appear at all sometimes, I have to say.

The Hood