News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

[11.1] City road pavements

Started by Carl, July 20, 2013, 07:13:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carl

In 11.1, city roads placed by the public player are not drawn with the pavement/sidewalk base, unlike in previous versions.

Junna

Yes, this bugged me a bit, I agree. I think this vanished with some changes to what roads are town-owned?

jamespetts

Thank you for pointing this out - this has been spotted by Neroden, and is fixed on my devel-new branch (with the modification that pavements ("sidewalks") are only built on roads adjoining a city building).
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Carl

Thanks for this. For clarification: will pavements appear on a city road if the public player places a city building next to them?

jamespetts

Not if the public player places a building manually, no: but they will appear if the city automatically builds a city building as part of its growth pattern.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Carl

Hmm, I see. That presents a problem for my (admittedly niche) method of building my own cities on some of my maps -- the cities on these maps won't ever have pavements. Is there a way around this, do you think?

jamespetts

Hmm - that's a difficult one. I'm not sure that anything springs to mind immediately...

Carl

I think I'll have to edit the city road graphics so that the pavement is part of them by default (since the pavement is stored in a separate file).

jamespetts

That could work. You could have one city road with a built-in pavement, and one without.

Junna

Please share those when they are done, Carl. I like to do custom cities in the same manner. ;p

Carl

Here is a pak64 version (with sources):
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61716/way.city_road.pak
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61716/new-cityroad2.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61716/newroad.dat

For any other version, the method here is as follows (using gimp):
1. Transfer the existing cityroad images to a transparent layer, without the default blue background
2. Insert a layer below.
3. On this layer, copy and paste images from the sidewalk/pavement tile (by default, this is 'ls-tiles.png', in pak64 at least).

greenling

Hello Carl
This road looks very out.
I have on wish on you carl:
please do all new modells they you make park in on Thread.
Thank you.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

jamespetts

This should be rectified in 11.2