News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

[11.18] Schedules wiped and convoys sent to depot on access changes

Started by Sarlock, February 05, 2014, 10:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarlock

As discussed in the online game we are currently playing:

Access rights were changed for a player and multiple road convoys for several players had their schedules wiped and the convoys went to depot (as there was no longer any schedule to follow).

I had 26 road convoys in various cities and 12 of them were affected in 3 different cities: Brownston (3), Gorchester (5) and Simpleton-on-sea (4).  Strangely, at Simpleton-on-sea, I had 5 road convoys and only 4 were affected, the fifth is still happily travelling around the city.

None of these road convoys had lines associated with them (I don't tend to assign lines to routes that only, and will only ever, have a single convoy-it clutters the line menu)

All convoys were on local routes within just one city, running on public roads.  There was no other player infrastructure within these cities.

Brownston-all my infrastructure, routes in red:

I had a similar situation happen earlier in the game when I turned on and then off a player's access (I turned it back off because I realized the company was bankrupt) and it reset all of my line-less ship convoys to no schedule and sent to depot.

I also had this happen in a local game I played a couple of months ago... and it couldn't have been associated with access rights since there were no other players to give any to.

I imagine the next step is to try and recreate the bug and see what's going on.  Why it selectively sent some convoys but not others is confusing.
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

AP

I have suffered from this. It is particularly disruptive, because it is can cause a whole industry chain to go idle, but by the time you see that (when using slow vehicles like ships) many months have passed.

The only precaution is to keep checking the vehicle list using the "in depot" filter.

jamespetts

May I ask - has anyone had this problem: (1) with vehicles assigned to lines (as opposed to lineless convoys); and (2) where the deleted stops do not belong to another player?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

AP

Quote from: jamespetts on February 08, 2014, 01:12:23 PM
May I ask - has anyone had this problem: (1) with vehicles assigned to lines (as opposed to lineless convoys); and (2) where the deleted stops do not belong to another player?

Yes to both. I had no lineless convoys. I had several lines which were just short canals or road routes feeding my sea routes, have all the vehicles go to depot when the schedules were wiped clean, but in the depot they remembered the number of the line they belonged to. The stops were my own.

Sarlock

Odd.  All of those road convoys in your message, VOLVO, were still in depot from the last time they were sent to depot.  They were the same ones that were sent to depot last time this happened.  I never put them back on the road with new schedules, they were sitting in depot with blank schedules.

jamespetts

I think that I have now managed to fix this on the 11.x branch. Apologies for the trouble that people have been having, and thank you all for reporting this.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Sarlock

And thank you for the arduous task of finding and squashing these bugs while we play with our toy boats... your efforts are greatly appreciated!