News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Next player (seaport) buildings

Started by Václav, May 07, 2014, 08:51:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Václav

New seaport piers are being created. Test and write your tips for changes of dat and graphics (excepting dark outerlines, please).

Here is one for passengers and post.

And, from now you can test complete set of seaport piers - it means you can build pier also for bulk goods, liquid goods, containers and long goods

... and after own tests I will add outerlines. And then, hard to say what would be improved too ...

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

An_dz

I told you I was joining all possible ideas for an ultimate suggestion. :D

I tested them all and here are my thoughts of what may improve them: (including what you said in PM to reduce the amount of lamps and change their positions)

• Change the road colour to #b0b0b0, same from harbour road;
  • Change the texturing from the sidewalk to the pillars, make the sidewalk plain or at maximum textured as when using the harbour rail track (track00a) with train station with old slabs (bahnhof_96c_4);
  • Remove the player colour where it is right now, just use the same for the sidewalk;
  • Change the colour of the machinery to dark gray and just add some details (like stripes) in first player colour (see harbourcrane [harbourstop_96c_2]);
  • Add a little house with player colours in the passenger dock, like a payment booth, maybe add some benches too (see res_96c_130);
  • Change the player colour of the streetlights to secondary and make it darker;
  • Change the colour of the liquids dock. The green, yellow and brown don't match, they are not combining. If you follow suggestion 4 like making them grey or use player colour in one of them it will be better.

I think that with these your docks will blend amazingly with the pak. I'll test and see more about the balancing later.

Václav

Quote from: An_dz on May 19, 2014, 03:41:25 AM
    Change the road colour to #b0b0b0, same from harbour road;
    Together with texture it comes from parking lots. But may it be.

Change the texturing from the sidewalk to the pillars, make the sidewalk plain or at maximum textured as when using the harbour rail track (track00a) with train station with old slabs (bahnhof_96c_4);
    Texturing of sidewalk comes from parking lots for railway station (and also marketplace) I published some time ago - and I have not idea for else texture. May it be I can change its colour.

Remove the player colour where it is right now, just use the same for the sidewalk;
    Player colour is only between road and sidewalk - and it may be removed (replaced with else colour)

Change the colour of the machinery to dark gray and just add some details (like stripes) in first player colour (see harbourcrane [harbourstop_96c_2]);[/li][/list]
    I can re-colour green cranes to else colour - but dark grey? I don't think so. Dark grey cranes are very rare.

Change the player colour of the streetlights to secondary and make it darker;
    Tops of lights may be darker. But why secondary player colour?

Change the colour of the liquids dock. The green, yellow and brown don't match, they are not combining. If you follow suggestion 4 like making them grey or use player colour in one of them it will be better.
    Green, yellow and brown? (you should visit ophtalmologist  ;D ) I see it is blue, yellow and brown.

Unless you think those pipes (hoses), that are, really, dark green.  :-[

I think that with these your docks will blend amazingly with the pak. I'll test and see more about the balancing later.
    Currently they are on level 7 and they come to game in year 1975 - together with still unpublished extensions.

Post number 3000

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní