News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

View mode (?) toolbar

Started by VS, February 01, 2009, 08:06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VS

I am not entirely sure if that would be a step in right direction, but a new toolbar, perhaps on the right side of screen, with tools affecting main view, could be useful. Minimap has a lot of buttons, but for main viewport, currently one has to go to the menu for increasing number of options - hide this, show that... All of that can be switched by keyboard shortcuts, but I feel that with the underground view patch we're finally starting to tread well into space where a comprehensive overview of features (and their state) might be important, or help newbies. Heh, well, I am suggesting this, since it is starting to get confusing to me, too ;)

What fits there: rotate map, show/hide modes, future: underground mode + level lock up/down.

Opinions?

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

prissi

I think most of this can be done by the pak set author; there are already tools defined for this (they would even show their state, I think).

sojo

I use a second main-menu for all not so important stuff (pak96.comic). This time I have there 24 Buttons. From Load, Save over underground view to options and playercolor.

And I use a "open" Map-Editor at the main-menu. There is all in what change the map. This are 20 Buttons.

When a new player have a look he will find the importand things easy. Tracks, Roads, ... and the devotees can open the toolbars to have full controll.

I think you have to try what is the best menu-structur.
"English is a easy language. But not for me." ;) sojo

follow simutrans_de on Twitter
- A home for Simutrans (in german)