News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

[devel-new] Town growth breaks road connections

Started by MCollett, March 20, 2015, 10:10:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MCollett

I have noticed on a couple of recent occasions that growing towns may break connections to diagonal roads, with disastrous consequences if the break is on a main highway and is not immediately noticed by the player.

I attach a sample: in the earlier image a main road enters the village diagonally at the nearest corner; in the later one the slightly larger village is now cut off from the nearest town, because the road has been broken.

Best wishes,
Matthew

jamespetts

Thank you for reporting this: this has been reported before, and I haven't got around to fixing this yet. This is a somewhat odd problem, as I have not directly altered the code for placing or connecting roads, but it must have been changed somehow as a side effect of some other changes. Would any of the Standard developers happen to know in what part(s) of the code that I should be looking in order to make progress on tracking this down?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Vladki

Some half year ago i noticed a patch to make nicer cities growing along diagonal road. It might be a bug in that code. I dont know if the patch was included in exp or std.

jamespetts

This was, I think, fixed a number of months ago.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.