News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

River's server

Started by River, October 02, 2015, 09:28:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

River

Today I nothised that servers.simutrans.org is down and that the servers are no showing in game. But my server is still running and accessible via 80.101.25.164:13356 for the people that whan to conntinue playing on it or whan to join.

River's server:
80.101.25.164:13356 temp: 80.101.25.164:13358
pak64
build: 120.2.2 (Stable) temp: can be found in miss matched
only minimal terraforming allowed.

River's region server: offline

River

jamespetts

Hmm - does anyone know for how long that the listing server has been down or when it is likely to be back?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

River

i believe it has been down since 1 or 2 october, i have no clue about how long it will take :)

i was surprised i didn't find any mention of it on the forums

jamespetts

Let us hope that it is reinstated soon. Thank you for spotting the problem.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

moblet

Thanks @River. Can I suggest that you save this map (and all future maps) with no trees? This will reduce the file size of the map. I have a player in your game but am often unable to load the map.

I also believe the server listing went down on 1 or 2 October. I didn't report it because I have a history of having server access problems that seem to affect me and no one else.

River

I know how to create a map with no trees and i will do this from now on, but i don't know how to remove all the trees from this map. If anybody does know how to do this, let me know.

prissi

Remove trees:
1) Make a temporay folder and more all files "*tree*.pak" into this.
2) Start simutrans, load your game, save your game.
3) Move the tree paks back.
4) Load your game, make some manual forst or plant some eyecandy trees.
done.

DrSuperGood

This server appears to be down.

Edit: The server is still down. One can assume it has been terminated.

Edit (20/10/2015): Server appears back online now.

River

I started a new servers on the old address. feel free to play.

removed the tree's now aswel.

version is now: 120.1.3 r7753

Shawsi

Hi rivers

How active is your server and would you welcome another player?

Mark

River

Hi Mark,

As long as there is space you are welcome to join the server. atm there are 5 companies left. and you can always ask people to share :) I hope you enjoy the server.

River

MobileRod

Though there are some occasional lags and disconnections, the server is pretty fine and playable, with nice people to play with ;)

IBM

Server seems to go down each evening.

That shell script I mentioned as a possible solution earlier today looks like this:

# Check if simutrans has stopped running
if pgrep "simutrans" > /dev/null
then
    echo "Running"
else
    echo "Stopped"
   # Insert reboot or restart application
   # command after this line.
fi

You would save the shell script in a file named "restart.sh" in your homefolder (or somewhere else if you want), then execute the line:

crontab -e

... to add the script to a timetable that runs automatically every minute or so. "crontab -e" opens an edit window in vim/emacs, where you'd add the following line:

* * * * * ~/restart.sh
Now, every minute the server will check if simutrans is running. If it is not, you can insert lines of code to either reboot the machine, restart a simutrans server instance, email yourself with an error message, etc.

Cron can be installed with `sudo apt-get install cron` on ubuntu-like servers.

Seán

Yona-TYT

Hello River.

You may want to test the Script: "map divided into regions and points system (by Dwachs)".

I not can do it because my internet is depressing. :-[

regions-pak64.zip

River

@IBM i will set up a script if i get one working, i can't use yours as i'm hosting it on windows.

@Yona, i have seen the topic come by yes, if there is intrest in a map with the script i might be able to host a server for it. I like being able to build cross each other. it might cause some chaos but it makes working together intrestring as you can each do the part that intrest you.

I would like to know what causes the server to crash. I had it before in a different map on a server where it also started to crash when entering the late game.

DrSuperGood

I would like to know what causes the server to crash. I had it before in a different map on a server where it also started to crash when entering the late game.
Is the computer crashing? Or just Simutrans? If it is Simutrans it would be interesting to have a stack trace.

River

It was just simutrans. i tuned on loging last night aswell. what i got from it was:
World destroyed.
World destroyed.
World destroyed.
FATAL ERROR: xmalloc() - Could not alloc 32764 bytes.
Aborting program execution ...

should i also add debuging?

River

For those that are intrested a server is runing with the region senario. it can be found at 80.101.25.164:13358 using pak 64 and is running at nightly build rr7860.

DrSuperGood

what i got from it was:
Out of memory is the cause. This can be both the result of the system running out of virtual memory or Simutrans running out of virtual memory address space.

River

i will keep an eye on RAM usage but it looks like there is a small memory leak somewhere.

Most of the time i'm running 2 servers at the same time and until now only the public server has crashed so i suspect its the memory of simutrans that ran out.

Yona-TYT

@River
modified file for maps of 1024x1024.

River

did you also mange to fix the problem with the borders in this file?

i restarted the server with a map of 1024x1024. its much beter now.

Yona-TYT

Quote from: River on August 23, 2016, 04:55:16 PM
did you also mange to fix the problem with the borders in this file?

Upgrade:
Now it is possible the connection at the borders.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

River: Please do not doublepost, meaning if you have the last reply in a thread and it's been less than 24 hours since you posted - edit your post, don't add a new one.

I don't have time to merge the posts right now - have to go to bed - busy. So just a note for future. :)

Yona-TYT

Upgrade:
I had not noticed some errors.

River

restarted the server but the changes didn't take effect as i expected. i will have to recreate the map for it to take effect. Let me know if you would like me to do that

Yona-TYT

Quote from: River on August 24, 2016, 09:13:47 AM
restarted the server but the changes didn't take effect as i expected. i will have to recreate the map for it to take effect. Let me know if you would like me to do that
For me there is no problem. ;)

River

DrSuperGood, today i got this error from the server: https://s4.postimg.org/oihn1bhkt/error.png

DrSuperGood

Looks like that assertion happens if the next tile is equal to the current tile of a line route. I am unsure how this could happen and even what sort of convoy caused it without a stack trace.

Might be worth splitting this thread into a bug report.

River

unfortunately i forgot to save the log file before restarted the game. so now its gone  ::( also something that would be nice to have changed

Edit: I got the same error again but there is no message in the log file.

Edit: and again, found a hopefully usfull log file now: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1w4co6ikircnjga/simu-server13356-crash-26-8.log?dl=1

Edit: so same error again with logfile: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9zeay7oislbonge/simu-server13356-crash-27-8.log?dl=1

DrSuperGood

The log files do not appear to show anything glaringly obvious going wrong, at least to me. I assume these crashes happen at different times (restarting allows the game to progress past the crash)?

Are they both for the same assertion failure crash you reported on the 24/08/2016? If so then I am guessing one will have to find the cause by looking at how the assertion could fail, something that will warrant as a bug report.

River

yes the server gets past the point it crashed after a reboot. It is the same error each time yes.

River

This time i got a crash without specific error message. log file is attached. it doesn't seen to have anything relevant i think.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o22yks55bk292tl/simu-server13356-crahs-1-9.log?dl=1

TurfIt

Quote from: River on August 23, 2016, 09:40:29 AM
For those that are intrested a server is runing with the region senario. it can be found at 80.101.25.164:13358 using pak 64 and is running at nightly build rr7860.
There's an extra r in the revision compiled into your exe preventing the game from finding the server on the listing...

River

i'm familiar with the problem, this is however the version i downloaded from (and is still available on) the nightly build site.

Region senario has an update and the server has been reset.

Update:

The map from River's server has been reset.
a new rules has been added to the server to create more of a challenge and less problems. You are only allowed minimal terraforming.

the save game from the last map can be downloaded here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fentgind1y53sn2/riversserver.sve?dl=1