News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

[develnew 96ae1e2] signal reassign tool crash

Started by Ves, December 10, 2015, 07:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ves

If you click on first a signalbox or a signal with the reassign tool, then out on an empty ground, the game crashes.
Also, if you click on two empty tiles, it crashes

jamespetts

I think that I have fixed this one - do you care to re-test?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ves

There is still a bug:

In this savegame, try to reassign the signal "Semaphore stop signal (237,52) (facing trains comming from the station in the north) to the "mechanical signalbox (235,52)" and the game will crash.

savegame:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/os1ie38av6jy5xp/Reassign%20signal%20bug.sve?dl=0

edit: Incidentally, I just realized that the savegame demonstrates another bug: look at the steelmill behind the signalbox! I dont know what have happened there.. Remember laying the tracks, but have no savegame to check what it looked like originally.

jamespetts

Thank you for that - the cause was similar to the first bug. I think that I have fixed this now, too. Could you re-test? I should be much obliged.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Ves

Yes that seems to work now! No matter how much I click randomly, trying to create a crash, it remains stable, only popping up a sign if some signals couldnt be transfered. Good work! :)

Only one little thing remains, that is:

I can transfer the ownership of signals from signalbox to signalbox, throughout the entire map. There should pop op the "Not all signals could transfer"-warning if I try to connect signals with boxes that is too far away.

jamespetts

I think that I have fixed this one, too. Would you mind re-testing again?

Ves

Yes, it seems to work as intended now with the warning popping up!