News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Preloading Content on Steam Workshop

Started by HaydenRead, June 20, 2016, 02:24:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HaydenRead

Hi All,
I was looking at prepopulating content into the Steam Workshop, in preparation for Steam Workshop going live, and was wanting to make sure I would not be treading on peoples toes by uploading content.

I was looking at uploading a selection of the maps from http://maps.simutrans.com, and while there is a 'Created By' field, there is no way to PM the users to check if it is ok.
I was looking at uploading a range of addons from various locations (including a Canal addon for pak128.japan, as Canal building tools are missing in the current pak128.japan). Once again, some of them have contact information, others dont).
I was looking at uploading a selection of Scenarios from http://scenarios.simutrans.com/ (once again, has names, but no way to contact users).
I was looking at possibly uploading a number of other PakSets that are not currently listed on the Steam Store.

Where there are names, but no contact method, should I just try searching the name on the forums?

Leartin

QuoteYou grant Valve and its affiliates the worldwide, non-exclusive, right to use, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, distribute, transmit, transcode, translate, broadcast, and otherwise communicate, and publicly display and publicly perform, your User Generated Content

If some content is already published under terms that grant all these rights to anyone anyway, I guess it would be fine to put it on the workshop. Otherwise, I would not do it without explicit permission of the creator, and if the creator cannot be contacted anymore, that's just bad luck.
I'd think that some creators would not agree to publish since they would rather publish under their own name.

Combuijs

I think you can put them in without problems. All maps content was given freely by everyone for use in Simutrans.
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs