News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Track is not unreserverd in some circumstances

Started by Vladki, July 11, 2016, 08:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vladki

Hi James, one more bug spotted: look at the server game and watch the train running on the double tracked line. Sometimes, when it leaves the station, it "forgets" to unreserve, and about half of platform is left reserved until the train makes the round trip. If it has to choose another platform, then it departs in drive by sight. May be it is related to the choose signal bugs that you recently fixed, but I thought it is worth its own report.

jamespetts

This is a rather odd problem: it seems to be caused by the train thinking that it needs to reverse at this station. It is fixed, apparently permanently, by opening and closing its schedule window. I will have to assume that this is a legacy of a now fixed problem unless someone can demonstrate it arising afresh somewhere.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Vladki

jamespetts

Have you tried opening and closing the train's schedule window? If it starts to do this again after this has been done, it will be very useful to know the exact conditions in which this begins to occur.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Vladki

I did open the schedule window. No waypoint was marked as reversal point. I'll try to find when it happens.

jamespetts

Vladki

jamespetts