News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

signal reassign tool crashes if the signal was not assigned previously

Started by Vladki, April 27, 2017, 11:21:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vladki

I'm starting experiments with signalboxes. Up to now I had all signals in pak128.CS set so that they do not need a signalbox. Now I have a signalbox, and wanted to add them to an older savegame. But when I try to assign a signal to a signalbox, the game segfaults. I suspect that it tries to access a null pointer (or something similar), if the signal is not assigned to any signal box yet, and the tool tries to assign it.

I understand that this is not hight priority, as the signals work well even without signalbox, but it could happen to others who will try to fiddle with older savegames from pre-signalbox era.

jamespetts

This is difficult to reproduce without actually having your saved game and pakset - are you able to upload one of each? Crash bugs are generally easier to fix and a higher priority than other sorts of bugs.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Vladki

Save: http://server.exp.simutrans.com/debug-saves/trnava.sve
Pakset: http://server.exp.simutrans.com/pak128.CS-Ex.zip

You can see that all stations have signalboxes, but only Bukova has the signals connected to signalbox (I have deleted them and build new).
In previous versions of the pakset, I had no signalboxes, and signals had not specified signal_groups, so could be build without signalbox.
Now AZD70 signals must be connected to signalbox, except for automatic block permissive signals (white pole). You can try to attach any signal with red-white striped pole to a signalbox and the game instantly crashes. The signal reassign tool is in the special tools box at the right end with empty icon.

jamespetts

I think that I have fixed this; would you be able to confirm?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.