News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Bug? Line "shift" schedule cell autoselects and overtypes, etc.

Started by AP, April 30, 2017, 11:29:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AP

1. It seems that when trying to enter values in the line spacing "shift" cell, after a digit is typed, the text in the cell is autoselected. This means that when the next digit is typed, it overtypes the previous.

So typing a value of "195" will result in the entry "5". See image attached.

Since the shift_spacing_divisor is commonly set to high values (e.g.384 to ensure 1 minute shifts when a month is 6:24:00 long as is the standard) this is problematic when using the feature.

2.  "use same shifts for all stops" is ticked by default. The most likely use of the shift functionality seems to be with this disabled (as identified by Carl in his tutorial http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=9241.0) , so I suggest the default might be better with this set to be unticked.
Quote from: Carl on February 10, 2012, 01:50:11 PM
First, deselect "Use same shift for all stops".

jamespetts

Thank you for the report - I think that I have been able to fix this. Would you be able to re-test?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

AP

Just to confirm the overtype bug is fixed

However the default option is still ticked, rather than unticked, for "use same shift for all stops".

jamespetts

Thank you for confirming. The default selection is not a bug: there was time when it was not possible to have different shifts for different stops, and so this was intended to replicate that by default.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

AP

Is there a situation in which it being ticked is actually more useful, that I'm missing?

Otherwise, why set the default to a state which is less useful...

jamespetts

May I suggest starting a new thread about this that is not mixed up with a bug report thread, so that I can get feedback on the issue from multiple users?