News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

pak128: Train No route after delivery

Started by RAJensen, May 13, 2017, 04:07:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAJensen

Hello.

Can anyone tell me what's going on?

I have a train that runs from a refinary with chemicals to a Printing Works.
It will go from the depot, to the refinary and pick up loads and then run to the Printing shop and right after delivery, it says "No Route"
I'll bieng all over it now.
Went through the railroad, laying new track on the exsisting one. No hole anywhere.
Then i put in Way point and that did't change anything.
Then i sell the train and bought a new one and the same happend.
Then i made a station i the middle of the track and that did't help
Then i tried delete the schedule and create a new one and that did't help.
Then i tried with a train from Printing work to refinary and it also said "No Route".
So now i need like 20 trucks to go from south to north and that's very expenssive (No earnings). :(

I have other trains running down half the track and there is no trouble.

So can some one tell what's happend, when a train only want's to run from A to B, but not from B to A??
(Bath refinary -> Lichfield Printing Works)
I can't attach the game save due to size restriction. (Game save = 591 kb)  :o

In advance thanks. :)

Leartin

Sounds like a signal somewhere. If you place a signal by clicking twice (so it's only in one direction instead of both) trains can only pass in one direction.

RAJensen

I did think i was a signal problem.
But maybe i just can't see where it goes wrong. :)

Edit:
Luckely i ran out off money, so now it's all over.  ;D

Ves

A way to trubbleshoot such circumstances is to open the schedule, press "insert" and then click on a waytile that is much closer to where your train is currently parked, then you see if the train can make it to that tile. If it cannot, then you know that the problem is between the trains position and your newly added waytile. But if the train starts to drive, then the problem is on the other side of the tile, and you can repeat the process. :)

Combuijs

Quote from: RAJensen on May 13, 2017, 04:29:13 PM
Edit:
Luckely i ran out off money, so now it's all over.  ;D

There is -freeplay option in which you can't go broke. In that mode you can try out things in Simutrans. (I always play in this mode... ;-) )
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

RAJensen

QuoteThere is -freeplay option in which you can't go broke. In that mode you can try out things in Simutrans. (I always play in this mode... ;-) )

I haven't found that option, but i think it takes out some of the gameplay.
Startet a new game and finally getting the finances in order.
Not much revenue per month but budget it's positive at the end of month.
Find it a little bit strange, that there are so long way between supliers / taker in the supply chain.
It's almost imposible to get surplus.
Sometimes the contractors are almost in each side of the map.  ???

Ters

The default maximum factory distance is 25% of the longest side of the map. I find this a bit excessive when map sizes go beyond 1024 along one side. Although I do wonder if this limit is violated sometimes.

prissi

That limit is violated, when there is already an existing facory which is not completely used. Then this factory is contracted instead of building a new one within 25% of the map. (That of course implies, that there are closer factories for the already exising chain.)

Ters

That is very annoying when playing huge maps. I end up ignoring most of the spawning factory chains because of the distances. Especially with JIT1, but even with it I expect it would take a lot of time to figure out the right size and number of vehicles, not to mention all the infrastructure that needs to be built (at least early in the game).