News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

I cant grow cities on Simutrans Extended using the pak.ngb pakset.

Started by fam621, May 17, 2017, 04:15:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fam621

James, I have only just noticed (noticed it yesterday) that on pak.ngb, I cant grow cities on Simutrans Extended using the pak.ngb pakset. Is there a way to fix this or does the owner (Carl) have to fix it? Gamesave provided: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bzy63vjRdV2_RWU4X01Rc0h2ZTA.

jamespetts

If this is pakset specific, I should think that this is a problem with the pakset (perhaps towns do grow, but extremely slowly, for example).
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

fam621

Quote from: jamespetts on May 17, 2017, 05:41:07 PM
If this is pakset specific, I should think that this is a problem with the pakset (perhaps towns do grow, but extremely slowly, for example).

Its a tool problem, in other words. I cant grow smaller cities into larger cities.

jamespetts

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Carl

I intentionally set town growth to zero or near zero, as I wanted to build cities of specific sizes that wouldn't get bigger. I think it's set in simuconf.tab, so you can change it for new games. I can't remember the name of the setting though.

jamespetts

Given that this is pakset specific, may I suggest that you grow towns by manually placing roads and buildings as the public player as I assume that Carl must have done? I cannot remember immediately the relationship between pakset settings and the growth tool (and it would take a lot of time to look into this, as I am not familiar with the code in this area), but it is at least plausible that there is a relationship between them meaning that low town growth settings will result in the tool having little or no effect.

Junna

Actually, I believe I have encountered this on pak128.britain as well, that some cities cannot be grown with the artificial growth tool. I'll see if I can find one affected later.

Junna

http://www.mediafire.com/file/axlh8k9dmei13lh/Pak128.Britain-Ex-0.9.2J.rar

Pak

http://www.mediafire.com/file/0aac68m6is89hxi/ders7110test.sve

The city zoomed in on should be unable to grow.

Also note another thing: some cities, particular smaller ones, will display "0" in the city charts "Transported" diagram, even though stops and stations in these cities do pick up and drop off passengers.

jamespetts

Thank you for the report. Can I confirm whether the city in this saved game has the zero transported issue?

Junna

Looking at it's chart, it does not. However, there is the nearby city of Chilingport, that displays this issue too.

Rollmaterial

I have had the zero transported issue too, I think it happens when the station is outside of the city limits.