News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Wrong travel time in station's detail window

Started by Jando, July 03, 2017, 11:25:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jando

Occasionally I see wrong travel times in a station's detail window. Sadly I do not know what causes this (but will check that more often from now on). Once the wrong times are in there they seem to be permanently wrong - although that wrong value can vary a little bit over time.

A screenshot showing such a wrong travel time is here: http://files.simutrans.com/index.php/s/Kae2P8bn0qcZNKM
The saved game to this screenshot is here: http://files.simutrans.com/index.php/s/kqoWKPBkwopyL6f

The last entry in the detail window of that station shows travel time to St. Peter Wetwell as far too long (correct time is less than half the value shown). However, it is not always the last entry that can show wrong travel time, there can be wrong times on other entries as well.

I don't know whether that wrong travel time is used to calculate other values that would be wrong as well then. I don't know if related, but I see wrong info in line management, the capacity and the departures graphs. If unrelated please advise whether I should file a separate bug report for the graphs in line management. Thanks!

DrSuperGood

I remember such an issue back on the old server game. A travel time of 20 hours was being reported as high as 129 hours.

jamespetts

Thank you for the report. I think that I have managed to fix this, which occurred when the last entry in a schedule was a waypoint. Would you be able to re-test with to-morrow's nightly version? I should be most grateful.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Jando

Thank you, James, I have not yet seen other wrong travel times, thus I assume it's fixed. :)