News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

I can't Get SimuTrans to run

Started by khgjggg, August 19, 2008, 03:55:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

khgjggg

I have downloaded pak 64
I have downloaded the Batch file that was provided in another Support post.
I have Moved the batch file to the requested directory But when I run the Batch file it says:
"FATAL ERROR:stadt_t::init()
Can't Read city rules.tab
PRESS ANY KEY"
when I try to run SimuTrans it brings up the pak dialog
I am trying to Run this on a Windows 98 second edition OS
Please Help! 
???

Combuijs

That batchfile was probably provided by me. It was intented to be used in combination with pak128. As you have downloaded pak64, the batchfile won't work.

You can just start simutrans.exe. If it runs (pak64 is default) then you can edit the batchfile and remove the "-objects pak128/" part. If it does not run then you are either missing pak64 or you did install in the wrong directory (should be the "pak" directory on the same level as simutrans.exe).

Good luck!
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

khgjggg

I dont know if this is to much to ask but absolutly nothing is working so can someone please give me some step by step instructions to install Simutrans using pak 64? It would be a great help :)

PatrickN

Download pak64 and download simutrans version 100.0 for your operating system (win, lin, etc.), saving both to the same folder.  I downloaded them to My Documents.  If you happen to have winRAR it is easier here because you right click and select "Extract Here", but you will need the pak folder to be in the same folder with the executable icon.  Click the Simutrans executable (the icon looks like the simutrans logo for windows) and it should run.

Painter, in and out of retirement.

khgjggg

Thank you Much
I'll see if it works

khgjggg

;D :) :D ;D
It Works!!
You both earn my respect and Admiration
lol

khgjggg

:'( :-[
Unfortunatly there is another problem and i didnt want to post a new thread so here it is
When I click the .exe the game comes up and it looks just fine and dandy but the problem is for some reason I can SEE the game but I cant click anything, I can click everything on the desktop if I hit the icon when trying to hit a game button even thpugh i cant see them. When I do the icon appears OVER the game screen and then dissapears and there I can see my background. So pretty much I cant play the game even though its there. :(

prissi

Which version did you download? For windows 98 you must use the SDL-Version. The GID version likely will not work, as was incidently reported today.

Vipera

Maybe simutrans doesn't work with windows vista? I tried everything following your instructions but simutrans still doesn't work. I downloaded the bat file, tried to download different executable files, pak128, pak64... NOTHING. Anybody can help me? It keep so say to me that i have multiple paks to choose... But what I need to do? I already changed the bat file too!

khgjggg

I actually can not get simutrans to run with my windows 1998 but with my windows vista
and here is an easier way
with pak 64
there are 2 folders if i am correct 1 inside each other you want to take the folder named pak and move it into the main simutrans folder and it should work with a vista

Vipera

THANKS A LOT MAN, NOW IT WORKS!!!!!!