News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

More Cargo Bays

Started by Aquin, January 24, 2015, 08:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aquin

Darker roof and darker sands for the other stop.

The Hood

Nice. The sand still looks too yellow though. Try reducing the saturation value (make it more grey)...

jamespetts

Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Aquin

That color proves more difficult than I thought, I got somewhat close to the stuff at the pottery and the brickworks.

jamespetts

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

The Hood

Milko

Splendid!!!!!! Nice job.

Giuseppe

Aquin

The last stop in my series. And an overview over the truck stops that will be in the addon.
Now I have to start working on the winter images.

Milko

Hello Aquin

Quote from: Aquin on February 02, 2015, 07:08:04 PM
[...] And an overview over the truck stops that will be in the addon.
[...].

These loading areas, will be an addon or can be inserted directly into the pak?

Giuseppe

Aquin

I would love to see them in the official pak, but until then they should already be available as addon.

The Hood

I would like to include them in the official pak - have you done snow images? If so then it's probably ready to roll, but otherwise I'll wait until you've had time to do these.

Aquin

I haven't found the time to look into making snow versions of the stops. But they will come.

Aquin

I finally found some time to get the first snow version done. I finally had the good idea to basically copy in the snowy patches on the gate side from some road, and then just do a little pixel finetuning.

The Hood

jamespetts

Aquin

And now that I know what and how to do, snowing in the second stop went a lot faster :-)

Edit:
So fast indeed, that number 3 is done already.

Edit 2:
Number 4, it got a pile of snow in one corner as well.

Edit 3:
And another one.

Edit 4:
Winter is coming to the 1920ies!

To test my stops I load them as an addon in standard. Is there a similar possibility in Ex? So that I could playtest them there?

Isaac Eiland-Hall

I'm sorry to say I haven't taken the time to figure out the addon folder structure, BUT... you can put any pak file in a pak directory. Just make sure it has a unique name so you can later pull it back out if needed. :)

Aquin

That's about as complicated as for standard where you can just drop any .pak file in an addon-folder. But don't try to drop a standard pak into experimental, it will refuse to start. But once I compiled with an experimental makeobj everthing works just fine :-).

Edit:
And the snow continues to fall.

Aquin

Almost done now

jamespetts

Splendid! However, would that last loading bay not have a somewhat snowier road?

wlindley

All these excellent new cargo bays are making me wonder if the little buildings in them ought to become one- and two-storey versions of "Goods Warehouses" to match? 

p.s., in looking at all James's blends I realize most of the buildings I created were done "the wrong way" (entirely in Gimp with bitmap layers) and I really need to figure how to re-do them. *sigh*

Aquin

So I think now I have all the stops, and all have a snow version. All the source files, as well as a pak-file for both experimental and standard are on github: https://github.com/Aquin13/Simutrans-truck-stops And of course if you think they might suit pak128 or pak128german, feel free to include them there as well.

So please have a look at them in-game and tell me where I missed the odd pixel, or where you think that some texture needs a revamp.

@wlindley: I'm not quite sure what you want, if you wanted these stops to look like the "goods warehouse", that's not going to happen for several reasons:
1. the goods warehouse is quite boring as a stop, the truck vanishes in there.
2. there is not much variation possible.
3. put little warehouses next to the "road" part of the stop doesn't work as there is not enough space.
4. I like my stops as they are.

@james: no I think they knew how to operate a snowplow in the 1970'ies, so they have every right to clean their yard ;-)

Edit:
the paks can be found on http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/truck-stops-pak128britain.zip as well.

jamespetts

What a splendid collection! Incidentally, what is the URL of your Github repository from which I can download the sources?

wlindley

Quote from: Aquin on February 23, 2015, 08:33:56 PM
if you wanted these stops to look like the "goods warehouse"

The reverse: I was wondering whether we might have a few new goods warehouses to match these excellent stops.

Aquin

In that direction it might happen. As it seems there is no warehouse for long goods or containers. And maybe a cold storage house. I'll see if I can find motivation and time to do some.

The Hood

Added to standard finally. Thanks for your work here.