News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

More city buildings

Started by Archon, February 13, 2010, 10:47:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wlindley

Quote from: Vladki on September 07, 2014, 09:16:52 AM
8 rotations? As i see 4 for house in a row and 4 for house on a corner. Is that documented somewhere?

On the Wiki, Dims=1,1,8 for city buildings is  as being "since version 0.102.2" in the German documentation here but not the corresponding English documentation here, but not explained in either German or English. 

I'll see if I can remember how to login there, but meanwhile, anyone else care to add a few words of wisdom on the wiki?

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Quote from: Archon on September 07, 2014, 08:04:23 PM
Thanks, but I think I try to survive with my 25MB for now. If I  upload only pngs I need to make over 50 new buildings to fill it.

Well, I hope you have need to change your mind soon. ;-)

But seriously, the server is used for community projects like this, so if you change your mind in future, please please send me a PM and I'll be overjoyed to set it up. :)

The Hood

Brick texture looks better. Still not 100% convinced about the colours though - was this based on anything in particular? I'd have thought a stone grey/sand colour would look better. Good work though :)

Archon

Quote from: The Hood on September 14, 2014, 09:00:34 PM
Brick texture looks better. Still not 100% convinced about the colours though - was this based on anything in particular? I'd have thought a stone grey/sand colour would look better. Good work though :)
It is based on this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holyoake_House

jamespetts

In which case, may I suggest that the colours both be made a little darker? The building would be just right with slightly darker colours, I think.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

kierongreen

I'd say the lower blue/green is about right but the grey above needs to be made significantly darker. Looking at that photo there's not much difference in brightness between the lower and upper sections of the building.

Archon

OK. here is thirth try.

Also made one new building. I did some experimenting with this one. It has only one rotation.

jamespetts

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

The Hood

Definitely looks better with a darker top. And the new one looks great too.

Archon

Another project completed(I hope).

5 points for anyone who guesses how many white faces taller version has.

----

jamespetts

I am not sure what you mean here by a "face", but, on the non-snow version, I count 8 if looking at all rotations. Splendid building, incidentally!

Archon

Quote from: jamespetts on September 18, 2014, 10:14:00 PM
I am not sure what you mean here by a "face", but, on the non-snow version, I count 8 if looking at all rotations.
I mean faces in blender.

The Hood

Finally got round to adding these in SVN. Many thanks Archon!

Archon

Finished last office building for now. It took only 5 months!
Here is blender file for my new offices. Download now! only limited time offer.
http://personal.inet.fi/cool/archon/stuff/60s_ish_offices.blend

jamespetts

Archon

I did some old warehouse for change.

The Hood

The Hood

And finally added to standard. Thanks!