News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

pak.german Network game 2 - game offline

Started by Frank, September 10, 2010, 10:18:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

map size: 576x384
start year: 1927

citys: 27
Total inhabitants: 18009
largest city: 4697
smallest city: 253

factory: 33

576x384_1927_27citys.sve ~ 700 kb

pak.german_0-102-3c_net.zip ~ 6 Mb
upd_0-102-3d_net.zip

Playerlist
human: Frank
public service: Frank
Player 1: FlohOswald
Player 2: ?
Player 3: ?
Player 4: ?
Player 5: ?
Player 6: ?
Player 7: ?
Player 8: diegoviagens
Player 9: ?
Player 11: hApo
Player 12: TurfIt
Player 13: jonasbb

Save the file xx_player.tab in pak.german_net/text and rename xx in your language code.

Interests users contact me.

desired goal
So many passengers and consumer goods transported as possible on the map.

Rules

The highest bid drift: don't ruin other player

• create public stops in your passenger network
  • Power lines are connected on request
  • overcrowded stations are to be considered preferred and the overcrowding has to be reduced
  • Avoid long waits at the vehicles. Choose the vehicles so that as many vehicles also move.

further proposals?

diegoviagens

I want to subscribe to player 8

(Proposal for the game)

[EN]

I have realized that online game that many are going too fast failure is for reasons of high prices or matters of gameplay.
I have also noticed that cities are filling up with several points of players, which in my view a vision of beauty is completely contrary.
So bring the following suggestion:

if there were conditions to restart the game and establishes the following guidelines:

distribution of cities:

suggest a distribution of 12 cities around the map, plus a central city, where this would be borne by the public power to organize the points and stops for urban, not allowing any player put a stop private. would bid the lines operating here on the forum and each company would be responsible for managing their routes. this city was the central metropolis

12 other cities would be distributed among the players and each would be responsible for managing and developing the cities. in the case of population increase and transportation prove defective, the governor (the coordinator of the game) would by bidding on the lines deficient.

industries would be free of freedom for players who could afford to maintain routes.

so I think that would be less bankrupt companies and making the most of space on the ground of the map.

as I said, is just a suggestion and invite you all to think.

[PT]

Tenho percebido nesse jogo OnLine que muitos estão indo a falência rápido demais seja por motivos de preços altos ou por questões de jogabilidade.

Tenho percebido também que as cidades estão se enchendo de pontos de vários jogadores, o que ao meu ver em uma visão de beleza, esta totalmente contrária.
Por isso trago a seguinte sugestão:

se houvesse condições de se reiniciar o jogo e estabelece-se diretrizes de seguintes pontos:

distribuição das cidades:

sugiro uma distribuição de 12 cidades pelo mapa, e mais uma cidade central, onde este seria a cargo do poder publico organizar os pontos e paradas de transporte urbano, não se permitindo que nenhum jogador colocasse uma parada privada. seria licitado as linhas de exploração aqui no fórum e cada empresa ficaria responsável para administrar suas rotas. essa cidade seria a metrópole central

as outras 12 cidades seriam distribuídas entre os jogadores e cada um ficaria responsável por administrar e desenvolver as cidades. no caso de aumento de população e o transporte se mostrar deficiente, o governador (coordenador do jogo) iria por em licitação as linhas defasadas.

as indústrias seriam de livre liberdade para os jogadores que tivesse condições de manter as rotas.

assim creio eu que teriam menos empresas falidas e o melhor aproveitamento de espaço no terreno do mapa.

como já disse, é so uma sugestão e convido a todos a pensarem.
Simutrans - Orgulho de desenvolvimento no Brasil.

visit my site:www.andersongama.webs.com

hApo

diegoviagens

TurfIt

I wouldn't mind joining to continue the bug hunt...
Player 12 or any will do.

Further proposals - how about only public service powerlines? Bumping up the electric_promille setting by editing the save might be useful too...

Frank

The game is online.

Please read the changes in the first post.

diegoviagens

in my opinion the function of creating bus stops, train,
streetcar and the power plane should be public, because when the
player invests in parades, he spends a lot to organize
local transport and our money is little.

jonasbb

But thats one possible goal. Having a good working local bus transport.
And you have not to build buses. You could also make money only with goods.

Frank

Quote from: diegoviagens on September 13, 2010, 02:25:30 PM
in my opinion the function of creating bus stops, train,
streetcar and the power plane should be public, because when the
player invests in parades, he spends a lot to organize
local transport and our money is little.

That's what. Together to create something great.

It is about the cooperation.

And if things need to be public, then we play no more I think.

EDIT: link to xx_player.tab fixed

Frank

its time for transported cars from car factory ( 311,63 ) to car dialer

jonasbb

No one will transport cars?

The book branch is also open. Printer ink is produced.

TurfIt

Quote from: Frank on September 10, 2010, 10:18:24 AM
Save the file xx_player.tab in pak.german_net/text and rename xx in your language code.

Does this work for anyone? I have pak.german/text/en_player.tab and still see Player11, Player12, etc.

Quote from: jonasbb on September 14, 2010, 11:01:39 AM
No one will transport cars?

I couldn't connect until now. But, one problem is transporting cars by themselves is not profitable - atleast not in the 1930s. Unless you're involved in the rest of the chain somewhere there's no reason to move cars.

PAK balances that work well in single player might need some tweaking for multi. Generally, PAKs seem to have raw materials at low profits (or even losses!), and the final link in the chain is where the real money is made (except with pak.german cars!). In multiplayer, someone could swoop in and 'steal' production from that last link, ignore the raw material, and make literally like a bandit.

Quote from: jonasbb on September 14, 2010, 11:01:39 AM
The book branch is also open. Printer ink is produced.

Not anymore.

Public Service: Request power line connectors @(312,163), and @((279,113)

jonasbb

Quote from: TurfIt on September 14, 2010, 12:36:51 PM
Does this work for anyone? I have pak.german/text/en_player.tab and still see Player11, Player12, etc
Yes, it works for me.
Is pak.german the pakset you start for the only game?

I couldn't connect until now. But, one problem is transporting cars by themselves is not profitable - atleast not in the 1930s. Unless you're involved in the rest of the chain somewhere there's no reason to move cars.
Thats false.
My line number 20 will make around 15.000 profit each month. (Testet in a local save and fast forward).

Frank

Public Service: Request power line connectors @(312,163), and @((279,113)

Quote from: Frank on September 10, 2010, 10:18:24 AM
Rules

• Power lines are connected on request

I think that was a bit misunderstood. I connect a maximum of 5 fields.

TurfIt

Quote from: jonasbb on September 14, 2010, 02:51:20 PM
Yes, it works for me.
Is pak.german the pakset you start for the only game?

Sorry. My mistake, works now. Was put into the wrong pak.german - not the one being used by the net game.

Quote from: Frank on September 14, 2010, 04:01:25 PM
I think that was a bit misunderstood. I connect a maximum of 5 fields.

OK. I thought the intent was to prevent the mass of parallel private lines across the map...

Frank

Quote from: TurfIt on September 14, 2010, 04:39:57 PM
OK. I thought the intent was to prevent the mass of parallel private lines across the map...

I connect powerline player x and powerline player y

you build the powerline to the next powerline from other player ( a distance field ) and I connect this

TurfIt

I think we're suffering from a double misunderstanding! I intended for the public service to connect my powerlines to jonasbbs. However, he connected transformers where I was going to (I build the lines but not the transformers to save money) so I deleted my lines but didn't edit my request message. Wish we could leave persistent messages in game - the current feature only works for players currently online.

If connecting is the intent of your rule then please connect @(273,179) If I have to connect myself at @(~404,~130) things are going to get quite messy again!

Frank

Quote from: TurfIt on September 14, 2010, 06:02:16 PM
If connecting is the intent of your rule then please connect @(273,179) If I have to connect myself at @(~404,~130) things are going to get quite messy again!

please set marker

without text is not so bad, but the Possition is achieved much faster

Frank

A note on the used locomotives

The locomotives are divided into three groups. Passengers train, Freight train and mixed train

see http://simutrans-germany.com/wiki/wiki/tiki-index.php?page_ref_id=1210

Unfortunately, only Simutrans speed of power ( KW, KW * gear ).

The speed also has a factor of the design. Since this is not supported, the implementation is only the very expensive way of constraint.

Speed bonus is not an option because he is working on a global scale. The problem is vehicle specific.

and one other finding

I define 'Transport' me moving vehicles.
Quotedesired goal
So many passengers and consumer goods transported as possible on the map.

This objective defines the long-term goal. 60 years +

And one thing I have noticed too. The players want to quickly up too high.

An international network game but has different rules.

First, to work together.

Second, a prior communication is necessary because the players can be quite different times online.

It would be useful to write the player messages in a file to load it again able to transfer them to the clients after the contact. At least for the last 30 or so entries.

prissi

You can (misuse) marker for that for now ...

FlohOswald

I just looked into the game and it's looking nice built up. ;) Everything is running.

Is it still possible to join the game? I would like to take player 1 and start passenger transportation. So far, it seems that all industrial products are transported.

For the communication, I don't know how much server space and traffic you can afford Frank, but you could set up a TeamSpeak server for players to connect. http://www.teamspeak.com/

Frank

Quote from: FlohOswald on September 15, 2010, 09:13:18 PM
...For the communication, I don't know how much server space and traffic you can afford Frank, but you could set up a TeamSpeak server for players to connect. http://www.teamspeak.com/

IRC chat exists

Quote from: FlohOswald on September 15, 2010, 09:13:18 PM
Is it still possible to join the game? I would like to take player 1 and start passenger transportation. So far, it seems that all industrial products are transported.

set player 1 and update xx_player.tab

Frank

@FlohOswald

set 'Raschau 1 H' ( first ) and 'Raschau 1 Land Bahnhof' ( second ) public for better connect

Dwachs

As a child I played chess for a club called 'Rotation Raschau'. Lost in the first round of the GDR cup :( Those were the days :D
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

FlohOswald

I did it, now I know how to connect with public stops. ;)

Frank

@all

r3785

- rename stations works
- rename vehicle works

- rename lines not works

Dwachs

Quote from: Frank on September 16, 2010, 03:41:46 PM
- rename lines not works
not implemented (yet)

Edit: in rev 3789.

FlohOswald

It seems that I cannot connect to the server although it's shown in the list. It does not work neither with rev. 3785 nor rev. 3795.

Dwachs

At what stage does the loading fail?

Try to load the game in the savegame dialog: type 'net:st.ipxxfranksaddress' as name of the savegame.

FlohOswald

The Server dialog, where I choose the server I want to connect with, tells me "Server antwortet nicht!" That's shown for both servers in the list.

When I try what you told me, again there shows up a message, telling me: "Server antwortet nicht!"

FlohOswald

Okay, I got onto the server but lost connection after some minutes. Did it crash again? If yes, did I cause it somehow?