News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Teleporting trains

Started by Brambo, September 26, 2010, 09:45:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brambo

James, thanks for testing. I know these crashed are hard to debug, since, well, they are random. Anyway, no problem, we'll see how 9.0 holds up :)

As to the teleporting trains: AEO is right. The consist will move forward a few tiles (depending on consist length, I'd say about half it's own length). This can be particularly annoying when the departing train passes a red signal this way, or when it starts blocking the path of an incoming train.

By the way: this issue is also present in Standard (occurs frequently in my old game Standard 102.2/pakBritain).

Mod note: split from this thread in the Experimental board, as this problem is reproducible in Standard.

jamespetts

Might I suggest that the teleporting trains issue be posted on the Standard board?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Dwachs

Please, first test whether this appears in a standard-nightly :)
By the way: this issue is also present in Standard (occurs frequently in my old game Standard 102.2/pakBritain).
I read this message, as the bug appears in the stable release.

@Brambo: If this bug happens in standard nightlies, could you upload this savegame please?
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Brambo

Teleporting still occurs in r3851. See save:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JQPWCC4T

One convoy that I've seen teleporting a lot is (65) BR Class 165 "Network Turbo" DMU (nice to be able to ctrl-c this, btw ;-)), running the Bridgewater - Kinross IC service. Note that this train is not always teleporting, but it appears to be more likely at some stations (Cardiff, Reading). I had suspected this might be a pakBritain issue, and to be related to this: http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=3376.0, but reading it again, I'm not so sure.

Dwachs

thank you, the savegame helped. Should be fixed in rev 3852.

Brambo

Thanks Dwachs! It seems to work in the new nightly. Out of curiosity: what was the problem here?

James, will this also be incorporated in experimental?

jamespetts

This will be incorporated into the next version when I merge the latest changes from Standard.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Dwachs

@Brambo: There is a routine in the code that checks whether a train is corrupted. Then it moves the train some tiles forwards and starts the train. That procedure ensures that the train is fully on track again. This routine had an error that was triggered in your situation, which makes the train moving forward an entire train length. The problem was that for all length calculations the length of the last vehicle is not taken into account, but this routine was different in this aspect.

jamespetts

This should now be fixed in 9.0.