News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Questions about translations in SimuTranslator

Started by prissi, October 16, 2008, 09:20:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrSuperGood

Try the pak128 forums. However the development seems slow at the moment as last release was 8-9 months ago.

prissi

Most of the houses are still in the pak, though.

Frank

Quote from: DrSuperGood on October 10, 2016, 09:03:05 PM
..... The pak128 maintainers have elaborated this issue but unfortunately there seems to be some problem interfacing with simutranslator which prevents them from updating the list making using it pointless.

And what are the problems?

DrSuperGood

And what are the problems?
Not entirely sure but it involves one of the simutranslator admins for pak128 uploading new text string files to reflect the objects currently in the pak. Apparently they cannot do it, or do not know how.

Frank

Quote from: DrSuperGood on October 11, 2016, 04:51:52 AM
Not entirely sure but it involves one of the simutranslator admins for pak128 uploading new text string files to reflect the objects currently in the pak. Apparently they cannot do it, or do not know how.

Maintainter in Translator for pak128 are currently vsys and prissi ( 3 are possible ). And both know how it goes.

Set Info Page

The problem is rather, the many objects are replaced with the pak128. Instead of keeping the old names, new names are always taken.

It follows that the old objects have to be deleted individually. If the names were retained, they would simply be overwritten with the data of the new objects.

When overwriting are then again the entered texts to check and if necessary delete.

In any case you should maintain the translator timely. Because the more it is at objects the more complicated the update.

Dwachs

Quote from: Tjoeker on October 10, 2016, 08:21:12 PM
In pak128 there is this type of good: "none".
Where does Somutrans use this type of good?
It is internally used for vehicles that do not transport anything (locomotives, tenders, trucks, etc).
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Tjoeker

Quote from: Dwachs on October 11, 2016, 06:36:58 AM
It is internally used for vehicles that do not transport anything (locomotives, tenders, trucks, etc).
I don't see it anywhere?

maybe it's not used in the pak128 interface..

About Simutranslator:
What do I do?
Use simutranslator or make my own translation file and send it to a pak maintainer?
I also saw the last translation update must have been a while or simutranslator doesn't contain all stirngs.
for example almost every building in simutranslator was already given a name, yet in Simutrans there are more buildings with RES_22_12 code than actual names...

Combuijs

Quote from: Tjoeker on October 11, 2016, 12:00:40 PM
I don't see it anywhere?

Hence the use of the word "internally".   :) You won't see it in the user-interface, I think. (You might try the list of goods though...)
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

DrSuperGood

It follows that the old objects have to be deleted individually. If the names were retained, they would simply be overwritten with the data of the new objects.

When overwriting are then again the entered texts to check and if necessary delete.

In any case you should maintain the translator timely. Because the more it is at objects the more complicated the update.
Old objects would not be deleted and certainly not match up to new objects, the old text entries would probably end up floating in the translator and never used in the game files but still be in the game data. Eventually some script could delete the old text entries by checking if data ever references them but that is only really a problem if there is a noticeable performance impact due to too many text entries.

The problem is getting the new string references into the translator for some reason. The person who publishes and maintains pak128 was having problems, which is why I eventually wrote some EN translation strings which he manually included.

I cannot personally maintain the translator. I am only a developer for the game itself which seems separate from the translator.

What do I do?
Use simutranslator or make my own translation file and send it to a pak maintainer?
I also saw the last translation update must have been a while or simutranslator doesn't contain all stirngs.
for example almost every building in simutranslator was already given a name, yet in Simutrans there are more buildings with RES_22_12 code than actual names...
The pak128 maintainer cannot update the string reference list in the translator for some reason. For the EN translation I manually wrote up a lot of missing text references and changed some for consistency. This is why most way types in pak128 (except those added this year) have EN translations and the text for many monuments now is formatted correctly (no longer result in some silly stop names).

prissi

I can easily upload translation lists. But first, please download the latest translations from simutranslator to make sure, you are not doing double work.

But the main problem is that pak 128 is not up to date on simutranslator, I think. I will look into this.

EDIT: It seems the simutranslator cannot handle uploads, it complains about missing xyz.zip after just uploading said xyz.zip, no matter what size it is.

Frank

I have imported vehicles from the pak128 SVN into the Translator and it works.

DrSuperGood

I have imported vehicles from the pak128 SVN into the Translator and it works.
Now it just has to be done for ways, buildings and all other object types.

Frank

Quote from: DrSuperGood on October 12, 2016, 03:51:47 PM
Now it just has to be done for ways, buildings and all other object types.

Some patience was the test whether the import goes because it was said that it would not go.

Importing several hundred objects takes its time. This is the point that I said the Translator should be constantly updated. Otherwise, the very much work that takes a long time.

Tjoeker

If you need any help, you can send me a PM.

I already have every object listed in my translationfile. This might speed things up?
(or if you let me and explain me how, I can import these objects myself?)

Frank

@pak128 development team

The file factory_detail_texts.dat is not necessary. The Translator automatically creates these objects.

@Tjoeker

Import the complete set make me better.

Tjoeker

Thank you for updating pak128 on simutranslator!
I've synchronised the translations on the site and my nl.tab.
However, there are some objects still missing on simutranslator.
Would you mind adding these objects as well?

building
train_big_station_early_int
train_big_station_med_ext
train_big_station_med_int

menu_text
MAGLEVTOOLS

vehicle
Citadis302_Reims_back

way
river_0a
river_0b
river_10
river_20
river_30

and then there is this special thing: RVg_Daylight_post
I can't save my translation (neither in Dutch, English or French)
However, it is translated in German and I can change this translation (I set it back to the old translation after testing).
Every other object in the RVg_Daylight set is translatable.

Frank

Quote from: Tjoeker on October 15, 2016, 10:03:51 AM
building
train_big_station_early_int
train_big_station_med_ext
train_big_station_med_int
vehicle
Citadis302_Reims_back

I think the objects missing in the SVN

reupload RVg_Daylight_post, please try if it works now

Tjoeker

It works, thanks  8)

Now it's just waiting for the train_big_station and Citadis302 set to be completed.
(I understand you can't do much about it at the moment)

Just wondering, when will these translations be included?
The next update for pak128 (or simutrans update for basetexts) or does this get included automatically in the current download?

Roboron

I want to start fixing and translating the remaining spanish strings of the game, but first I have some questions:

Andarix

The link at point 4 leads to an object for the website simutrans.com for me.

Sorry this translator is very confusing to me.

Roboron

The link is just intended to be an example of a translation without a Master Translation. Here's another https://makie.de/translator/script/edit.php?obj_id=39466&index=41&lang=es#es

prissi

Those are for automatically generated names. Originally run from center1 to center9, but more names were wished for, so center0 (and all the others) were added. If not found, simutrans will just use numbered stations, or close attractions.

There cannot be a mester translation for those, since it is really language dependent and culture dependent (station names I mean).

uneccessary_text means, that this text will not be used, if there is no translation. These are station names and town syllables.

makie

Quote from: Roboron on February 10, 2020, 07:56:47 PM
Is is the same, only a alias

Leartin

"master translation" is really just the english translation of the object, and as such might not exist. (though that's far more likely in paksets than in base texts, cause prissi is more diligent than pakset devs). Whether that matters is dependent on where the text would appear. For example, if a citybuilding is not translated, that's completely fine, since the name wouldn't appear in the game unless there is a translation (It would just say "Industry" or "Residence"). Similar to "unnecessary_text".

The main advantage of an account is trust. If you act as a guest, your inputs are merely suggestions, and require someone else to approve it. With an account, you can get clearance to directly edit translations. Even if you don't get clearence directly, it's much easier to check suggestions if you can trust there are no links to fake passport pages. I guess it also means your name pops up in the translation-contribution-section in the language files. For an account, best ask makie.

Roboron

Thank you all (and I need to say "Thank you" because the "Thank you" button doesn't work  :P). I'm going to request the account to makie.