Author Topic: Great Britain in Simutrans Experimental  (Read 185304 times)

Offline fam621

Re: Great Britain in Simutrans Experimental
« Reply #770 on: July 17, 2017, 03:35:38 PM »
Ok.

Offline Carl

[update] Great Britain in Simutrans Experimental
« Reply #771 on: July 18, 2017, 08:28:34 PM »
After a break, some more progress to report. East Suffolk is approaching completion and I'm moving into Norfolk now. For those just joining - this map was originally completed in 2014. The current project is to update it to be more attractive, more realistic, and up to date. This involves a mixture of rebuilding cities, adding bus routes, and updating graphics.

Savegame link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jlyc941tl4oiz4o/UK-Jul17.rar?dl=0
As ever, this will only work in Simutrans Experimental.

Ipswich. Two mainline services from Norwich to London pass. A Lowestoft train waits to depart in the northernmost platform, while a stopping service to London waits in the southernmost platform.

Beccles. Two East Suffolk Line trains from Ipswich to Lowestoft pass on this largely single-track route. The Class 170 shows updated graphics; the Class 156 has not yet been updated. Beccles has a bus service to Diss and will eventually have additional routes to Great Yarmouth and Norwich.

Full list of changes:
- Updated Greater Anglia Class 170, and added it to East Suffolk line diagrams
- Bury St Edmunds rebuilt
- Lowestoft & Waveney rebuilt
- Great Yarmouth rebuilt
- East Suffolk line rebuilt
- Diss rebuilt and GEML realigned between Stowmarket and Norwich
- Bus routes added: Bury St Edmunds-Sudbury, Haverhill-Sudbury, Saxmundham-Aldeburgh, Ipswich-Stowmarket, Lowestoft-Southwold, Diss-Beccles, Diss-Debenham

Offline Lewis

« Reply #772 on: July 19, 2017, 08:56:47 PM »
Nice, About time I get back to Simutrans and play it again.

Offline Carl

« Reply #773 on: July 19, 2017, 10:12:05 PM »
I'm currently rebuilding Norwich from scratch. This one means a little more than most since I grew up there. Here it is in progress...using a bit of local knowledge to gradually build up the main roads radiating from the centre, before adding in minor roads.

Offline Carl

« Reply #774 on: July 20, 2017, 08:51:42 PM »
And is Norwich, 1,376 buildings later. Not bad for an evening's work!

The road labels were useful as reference points for building, but I might leave them as they are.