News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

The World in pak64

Started by fuzion_051, November 17, 2008, 03:46:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fuzion_051

I've used the "The World" map I've downloaded from a site and created a "worldwide" air transport industry consisting of different airlines plying routes between global cities which I also placed on the map

Here are some pics:

The first one is from the Frankfurt International

The second, a pic of Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport

The third, my own version of Hong Kong's Kai Tak (I use the timeline, anyways)

EDIT:

hmm..how can I place an image on my post? I can't seem to include the images under the headings.

IgorEliezer

Quote from: fuzion_051 on November 17, 2008, 03:53:12 PM
hmm..how can I place an image on my post? I can't seem to include the images under the headings.

Use an image hosting that you can find on Internet or use the http://files.simutrans-germany.com (follow the instructions).

wipi35

Use the preview option to see your message, click Additional Options and you can attach files. Note the maximum size!

KrazyJay

I would be interested in downloading that savegame! An upload... maybe? ;D
Played Simutrans in:
~ The Netherlands ~ United Kingdom ~ Taiwan ~ Belgium ~

Simutrans player

fuzion_051

Hmm..I'll see..I'll gonna find a free site wherein I can upload it..The file's pretty much heavy. (currently, my game is 12,960Kb and I'm already at the year 2001.

KrazyJay

Great! Rapidshare.com or megaupload.com work fine for that purpose. Thanks a lot in advance, I'd surely enjoy watching all those planes fly around the world!
Played Simutrans in:

Simutrans player

fuzion_051

I'm currently uploading the file on megaupload..

On the other hand, here are some other pics..

The second picture below is the new Hong Kong International Airport, which eventually replaced Kai Tak in 1998. See on the lower right the runway of the old airport.

fuzion_051

Additional pics of airports.

fuzion_051

I've uploaded already the file. Here's the link:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TT68B2U1

KrazyJay

Thanks for the upload! Which version of Simutrans are you running? I can't get it started under the latest nightly. I also tried 99.17.1, but it doesn't work there either. ;)
Played Simutrans in:

Simutrans player

maister

NoNoNo... IgorTekton & KrazyJay you are both totaly wrong!!   :o

fuzion_051 please upload your screenshots here http://www.racehunter.com/cpg1419/index.php
after you can Link the Screenshots from there: (It is better for the hole community.)

After i would release for you an special categorie for the world airports in pak64
;D
" border="0 (swiss) *pak 128*

DirrrtyDirk

Quote from: maister on November 18, 2008, 11:57:23 AM
NoNoNo... IgorTekton & KrazyJay you are both totaly wrong!!   :o

Since he has uploaded a savegame and not a screenshot there, I guess it's you who's "totally wrong!!"  ::)

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

IgorEliezer

I could guess we are all "partially" wrong.  ;D

Then:

If you have a screenshot that is a masterpiece of landscape, please, host it at Simutrans Gallery.

If you have a screenshot that is just for reporting a bug or to ask for a help, please, host it at an image hosting or in http://files.simutrans-germany.com.

If you have a graphic to be used as template or pictures and files that are useful for creating Simutrans content (like add-ons), please, host it at Simutrans Graphic archive.

If you have a savegame that is just for reporting a bug, to ask for a help, or to show up, please, host it at an image hosting or in http://files.simutrans-germany.com.

It's just my recommendation.

maister

@DirrrtyDirk ... you are right, as always ::)

The word "screenshot" was a trigger for me... sorry KrazyJay, you are not wrong .. but no sorry to Mr.  IgorTekton  ;)
" border="0 (swiss) *pak 128*

Lodovico

Did anybody open here presented The World 2 savegame?
My 100.0 stable and 99.17 did not.  >:(

vilvoh

I guess he uses some additional add ons.... :-\

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

KrazyJay

Don't worry about it maister, but I'm still wondering which version of simutrans fuzion_051 used for this savegame...
And no, "the nightly"™®©, etc. SDL-version and 99.17.1 both don't work... would he still use the 88.10.5? Any clues? :)
Played Simutrans in:

Simutrans player

DirrrtyDirk

An older versions should usually be loadable in later versions - so it is much more likely that he uses some add-ons.

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

fuzion_051

Im using simutrans version 100.0 (released Jun 28 2008)

Oh yeah..I forgot to say I have add-ons. And a whole lot of them. Sorry for that though.

Anyways, I'll just upload my "pak" folder which hopefully would enable you to open the file.

fuzion_051

Here's the link for the pak folder (I compressed it):

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AIIJ8W6V

Lodovico

I downloaded your pak and my 100.0 got:

Calculating textures ...FATAL ERROR: dingliste_t::laden()
During loading: Unknown object type '-65'

:-\

prissi

Use the nightly. 100.0 has some fatal errors.

KrazyJay

fuzion_051, Thanks for the upload of your pak! Now it works, finally I can lose myself in exploring this map! Looks nice by the way :D
Played Simutrans in:

Simutrans player

Lodovico

There must be something wrong with my computer. I installed some nightly (I tested r2115 and r2126), then I installed fuzion_051's paks.
I can load any savegames I have, but loading of The World 2 savegame ends with:

FATAL ERROR: dingliste_t::laden()
During loading: Unknown object type '0'

Linux Centos5 2.6.18-92.1.13.el5 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux

fuzion_051

Your welcome @ KrazyJay..just to note that you have to check the airports from time to time because some of them use up their parking slots and when that happens, the planes can't land. Just add additional terminal stops when that happens.

It seems that you can't open "the world" @Lodovico..that's pretty much bad. I can't figure out what could the problem is (well, that already happened to me, when I downloaded a savegame and could not open it, even if I also downloaded the pak folder).

KrazyJay

Yeah, airports got clogged up pretty nasty once in a while. I might remove all the loading percentages on each plane, see if it improves :D, also, I added an airport near Taipei since I been there to many times to ignore it hehe ;D
Played Simutrans in:

Simutrans player

fuzion_051

Hmm..basically the loading percentages is what keeps the companies on the game not lose money. But anyways give it a try. ;) Actually, my reason for not adding an airport at Taipei is that I can't seem to figure out how to place the airport in that small island :D

KrazyJay

Yeah, I can imagine... I added a Print Screen to show you how... but yeah, it took a large part of the island! It doesn't quite fit perfectly fine, but the location is as accurate as possible. ;)
Played Simutrans in:

Simutrans player

fuzion_051

Nice one :D In any case I was expecting you had created the airport with two runways (isn't it they have two parallel ones?)

What's the airline in the pic? the one on the runway?

KrazyJay

Not sure which airline, there was just 1 blue airplane in the hangar when I checked. What you don't see is that there are 2 loading bays. I created airlines from both Japanese airports, the Hongkong airport and to the Philipines. Actually in real life there are also flights from the USA and Europe, but I didn't want to overload the airport, Hongkong has many connections already. And yeah, Taipei has 2 runways, but it simply wouldn't fit, just like 5 runways for Schiphol (Ams). Kaohsiung International Airport has just one runway though, but it's on the southern part of the island.
Played Simutrans in:

Simutrans player

the almighty snark

Actually, EHAM(Schiphol, Ams) has six runways, one is located near the airliner strip.

Looks very impressive what you' ve done there!!

fuzion_051

Thanks.. :)..btw to those who have downloaded the savegame, do you also encounter problems when you rotate the map? Whenever I tried to rotate it, the game always crashes.

prissi

Use a recent nightly should cure this.

bbc100

wow this is cool im going to try it out!!!

kylejoszef

how to download the Asian map?

Combuijs

Take a look around here: http://maps.simutrans.com/. Interesting site  ;D .

Edit: typo
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

Spike

@kylejoszef:

Moderator advice: Your avatar is a quite huge image (it links to http://files.[ simutrans [dot] us (site down, do not visit) ]/image/direct/VO450Wl8Yk/simscr275.png ), and causes a lot of network traffic for everyone who reads your messages. Please rescale your avatar image to a sensible scale, like  120x80 pixels. Even if the forum shows it small, it's 480kb of download for each visitor. Thank you.

Ashley

kylejoszef, I have removed your avatar for the reasons Hajo outlined. Please resize your profile picture before linking to it.
Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.
Why not try playing Simutrans online? See the Game Servers board for details.

Limoncello

Amaizing!! I cant say any more!!