News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

not all eras?

Started by Roads, November 18, 2008, 06:47:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roads

Is there a way to turn off all eras?  Maybe a command line argument?  I'm running the game on Windows XP but bring it up with the command line so that would be the handiest way to do it.

VS

What is an "era" for you?

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Roads

QuoteWhat is an "era" for you?

A misspelling of "ear"?  ;D

I noticed that even tho the year was 1930 I could buy trucks made in 1990 and a statement along the bottom of the screen said something like "all eras."  Also there is that checkbox for "obsolete" on the vehicle buying screen.  This makes me think it should be possible to only buy vehicles that were available during or before the current year of play.

Lmallet

That is controlled by the "Use chronology from year" toggle box when you create a new game.  When it is selected, you should see "obey era" on the lower right.

Roads

Thanks Lmallet, that will be my next game.

IgorEliezer

A tip:

Always you want a help, you can press F1 key while you play Simutrans. Then, a window with a help list will show up on screen, in English or in language you are playing in. Choose an option and you can read all instructions about feature you chose.

prissi

YOu can switch tehm on by -timeline 1 on the commandline.

Roads

Fellas, thanks for all the info.  I couldn't wait to start a 1930's vehicle game and found it to be challenging and more fun.  I ran into a bug with it tho.  When I started building bus stops, I got an error from Visual C++ 2005.  I didn't have VC or anything else running at the time.  I could duplicate the bug.  The game worked fine if I built no more than 3 bus stops at a time.  Every time I tried to build a 4th the bug popped up.  The year was still 1930 when I tried the stops.

Also I haven't tried building a 4th stop after the game ran for awhile with 3.  I was losing too much money on the stops to try it.  ::)  :)

Just to add, the game runs fine, occasionally it will crash if I've been playing a long time or reloaded a bunch of times but that is to be expected with any game.

DirrrtyDirk

Which version do you use?

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

Roads

Version 100.0
One thing I did notice about the bus stop.  The graphic for it is different from the graphic for the same stop when playing the game without the "-timeline" option.

DirrrtyDirk

100.0 is suffering from quite a few bugs. I'd recommend you try one of the latest nightlies, instead - that should solve quite a few of your crashing problems.

With timeline activated, some things will get replaced later in the game. So in early years, you can build an old stop and on some later date, that will become unavailable and a new type of stop is introduced.

If you play with timeline off, you should always see all of them (old and new) in the build menu.

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

Roads

Thanks Dirk I'll check out the nightly and download.  After playing the same game some more, I can now confirm that additional bus stops can be built but it seems there is no rhyme or reason as to when.  Sometimes the game crashes simply because of the location where you attempt to plop the stop down and sometimes it is the number of stops done at one time.

Maybe this is fixed with the nightly, I'll post back in either case.

Roads

OK, this is what I downloaded and ran:

Windows/GDI Version: 100.1-2126

requires mgwz.dll see (c)

sim-wingdi.zip
Date: Nov 20 2008 at 04:05 (MEZ)
Size: 1.09 MB, 1144995 Byte

PAK64 Version: 115

This was all put in a new directory so I could keep my original setup.  After installing I created a new game and did nothing but build buses.  Everything works great!

BTW there was a white glob floating around and when I chased it down and clicked on it the msg said "sheeps."  I never found little Bo Peep unless she was the brown glob floating in the water but I was unable to nail her.  :)

I take it there is no nightly 128pak? 

VS

Quote from: Roads on November 20, 2008, 07:30:00 PM
I take it there is no nightly 128pak? 
Look again. If you can't find it... look to the right :P

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Roads

Thanks VS I'm downloading now.   :-[