News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Testing release (for -devel builds only) 0.8.4

Started by jamespetts, June 30, 2012, 07:05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

In order to enable better testing of the current Simutrans-Experimental release candidate (from the -devel branch of the Github repository), I have released an interim new version of Pak128.Britain-Ex (numbered 0.8.4), which is available here.

This new interim release is only compatible with the latest -devel builds, and is not compatible with the current release build of Simutrans-Experimental (10.11). It enables testing of some new features in the latest builds of Simutrans-Experimental, including fare stages (the fare per kilometre of goods/passengers/mail can vary depending on the length of the journey) and braking physics (which allows the pakset to specify the brake force of each vehicle).

This is a somewhat incomplete build: passenger carriages need updating to take full advantage of the braking physics feature, and there is incomplete work on reworking bridges to take advantage of the new graphics from Standard and re-working railway track to provide more realistic weight limits and unique graphics for each track type.

I should be very grateful if people could test this build together with the release candidate executable for comments on the new features (especially the braking physics, thanks to Bernd Gabriel) and to report any bugs.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

greenling

Jamespetts
It´s that projekt for Windows useable?
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

jamespetts

It's useable, but it's a testing version, so there's a possibility that there are more bugs than usual, or that games saved with it will not be compatible with any other version.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

greenling

Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

jamespetts

Just to note, as warned above, a bug has come to light the fix to which has required changing the saved game file format, with the result that games saved with this release candidate will not be able to be loaded in any build compiled from the current -devel, or any future release builds. This does not affect any release builds - only this release candidate build.

To circumvent this problem, save your games in a lower version number to re-load them in the current -devel.

asaphxiix

i made two cargo trains - they load the goods but won't unload them completely at the unload point - leaving most of the cargo on the train. bug?
http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/11.sve

asaphxiix

also, I believe I used similar settings for a map on both versions (last release + 0.8.3 / RC + 0.8.4) - but on 0.8.3 I got a very low-density map, while in 0.8.4 very dense with many big cities?

ӔO

Quote from: asaphxiix on October 17, 2012, 07:26:28 AM
i made two cargo trains - they load the goods but won't unload them completely at the unload point - leaving most of the cargo on the train. bug?
http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/11.sve

the track underneath is disconnected, so the actual length of that platform is only 1.
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

Milko

Hello James

PakBrit 0.8.4, there are no tile planes with different 128px. I think it's a problem of the macro uses to generate them.

Giuseppe

jamespetts

Hmm, this is a rather old version now - the current development branch has the correct aircraft, I think.

asaphxiix

I loaded a 0.8.3 multiplayer we were on in single player
bugs seems to be solved :)

but infrastructure costs doubled, while revenue stayed the same, so my profitable company is losing money. It's good that it's harder, but maybe it's a bit too hard now :)

asaphxiix

http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/asadd.sve
0.8.4 - pax waiting at Doringdon Holy Trinity Parish Church Stop for Plumingham Parish Church Railway Station (NW Florida), but won't board the train. Only after a few trips they do.
It even happens when the train is set to wait for load.

Carl

When I load the map, there are passengers waiting at Doringdon station to go to Plumlingham Parish  station -- but they intend to travel via Doringdon Town Hall stop, which means they are waiting for the bus rather than for the train. That's why they don't board the train. This will be because the posted waiting time for Plumlingham on the train is 6 hours+ (see the stop detail window). In a couple of months this long waiting time will be wiped, and pax will attempt the train trip again (assuming that it is quicker).

asaphxiix

sorry, thanks! I always check a 100 times before posting, but still I miss those

waerth

There are no stations for in underground mode. This is very frustrating as I had starting digging subway tunnels and only found out now I cannot build stations in it :(

Merry xmas and happy new year btw :)

jamespetts

In which year are you playing? Underground stations are introduced in 1890; until then, you have to build stations in cuttings.

waerth

I tried redownloading the .8.4 file and started on a new map in 1895 but it doesnt work. I have version 111.2.1 experimental 10.12.

I cannot build any stations not in the tube and not in tunnels. Should there be a "new" building?

W

jamespetts

I have just tested it and I can build the stations without difficulty. Are you sure that you can't build them? Remember that you need to be in underground mode to see underground only items in the menu.

waerth

Ok I found what I did wrong. The underground structures do not appear in Sliced underground. Only in REAL underground modus :p

I guess that qualifies as a small bug? As these structures should be there in sliced underground mode to?

W

jamespetts

Hmm, that's odd - I can't reproduce that, at least not with the binary 10.18 32-bit Linux build that I am using at my parents' house. Are you using the latest 10.18 release, or a different version? I get the underground stations appearing both in sliced and full underground mode, but not ordinary above ground mode.

waerth

I am still behind as I do not like aborting old versions. I am in: I have version 111.2.1 experimental 10.12

jamespetts

Hmm - I haven't tested that version with this issue. What do you mean when you write that you don't like "aborting" old versions? You can still load your game with 10.18. There are a number of significant bugs in 10.12 that are fixed in 10.18, and I do recommend that you upgrade.

waerth

waerth

Well done it installed it and now I am getting .....

FATAL ERROR: loadsave_t::rdwr_str()
expected "<bool>", got "</eins"

This is actually the reason why I hate updating simutrans. In my what must it be over 10 years I cannot remember having just once installed a new version without something like this happening. Even versions that are labelled as stable usually give problems. Just for once I would like to be able to download a Simutrans version that just "works" sigh now I have nothing that works anymore :(

Even Dwarffortress is a painless install.

W

jamespetts

Hmm - it oughtn't do that. However, it's easy to fix - just delete settings.xml from your ~/simutrans directory (default for Windows: My Documents/Simutrans), and it should start without difficulty.

waerth

Yes it works that way. Unfortunately it now will not load my old savefile:

FATAL ERROR: loadsave_t rdwr_str()
string longer (20480) than allowed size (1024)
PRESS ANY KEY

So I will have to start over again.

Happy New Year to you :)

jamespetts

Hmm - it really oughtn't do that. That is most odd. This is, I am afraid, a very difficult bug to track down, as it loading/saving usually tested only with consecutive versions. I haven't seen any issue like this in a post-10.12 version.

Can you check, first of all, that the underground stations work for you this time?

waerth

jamespetts

Glad that it's working for you - sorry that you had trouble.

dannyman

Electric rail vehicles appear in 1890.

Railway depot for electrics is not available until somewhere between 1900-1905.

-danny

dannyman

Also, rail station capacities are broken.  Concrete platform is 0, tube station is 8.  (?)

Nice work, jamespetts.  It is nice to see some Abbeys and Cathedrals. :)

ӔO

Quote from: dannyman on January 11, 2013, 09:44:48 PM
Also, rail station capacities are broken.  Concrete platform is 0, tube station is 8.  (?)

that's on purpose, so that you build more than just bare platforms for your stations.

with previous capacities, I think it was 24 per tile, a station that was 2x7 would have had 336 capacity, despite being only platforms.
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

jamespetts

The electrification issue has already been fixed on the Github repository, and the fix will be available with the next release.