News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

112.0 OSX Unknown crash

Started by transporter, November 03, 2012, 12:37:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

transporter

So the game has crashed after I started following a train for a little bit at real time. This has happened with multiple train combinations and in both pak128 and pakBritain. All have been downloaded from the links in the latest release. I haven't been able to notice if there's anything specific going on since it's happened fairly randomly. It's happened in new games, old games, after heavy construction, or none at all. As far as I can tell, it's just the trains too.

Also maybe to note, the music has started working for me too, which has been a problem with the OSX releases. But now the sounds don't work. Whether that has anything to do with anything or not, could help.

Here's the last bit of code from the crash:

set_zoom_factor() : set 7 (3/8)
set_zoom_factor() : set 6 (1/2)
set_zoom_factor() : set 5 (5/8)
set_zoom_factor() : set 4 (3/4)
set_zoom_factor() : set 3 (1/1)
2012-11-02 20:22:44.579 simutrans[7400:903] Exception raised during posting of notification.  Ignored.  exception: '*** -[NSCFArray objectAtIndex:]: index (0) beyond bounds (0)'  invoked observer method: '*** -[SDLMain applicationDidFinishLaunching:]'  observer: 0x705180  notification name: 'NSApplicationDidFinishLaunchingNotification'
objc[7400]: FREED(id): message release sent to freed object=0x1db34690
Illegal instruction
logout

[Process completed]

Edit: After playing the game awhile longer, it quit twice more. Neither time was I following any convoy, but the time was set at real time. One of those had windows open, the other without. And one with music, the other without.

New error code:

set_zoom_factor() : set 4 (3/4)
set_zoom_factor() : set 5 (5/8)
set_zoom_factor() : set 6 (1/2)
2012-11-04 17:52:31.086 simutrans[11485:903] Exception raised during posting of notification.  Ignored.  exception: '*** -[NSCFArray objectAtIndex:]: index (0) beyond bounds (0)'  invoked observer method: '*** -[SDLMain applicationDidFinishLaunching:]'  observer: 0x705180  notification name: 'NSApplicationDidFinishLaunchingNotification'
Bus error
logout

[Process completed]

Both codes mention failing to post a notification. Which one, I have no clue. None of the crashes have had any link that I can tell to a certain event.

prissi

This read and looks like an error inside the SDL libary. Maybe try updating the SDL framework to the latest 1.2.xx release.

transporter

I downloaded the simutrans exec+SDL file. Is that different than what you're talking about?

prissi

Could you be a bit more specific. WHich SDL framework did you download?

transporter

Well I used the link for the OSX Intel with SDL. I assumed that meant all I have to do is download and play. But I also remember trying to install an SDL package the first time I downloaded simutrans back in like v102. So are those 2 different?

prissi

The SDL framework is providing the graphic routines for the display on the screen. Since werniman updated his compile equipement, it might be that he is now using a new version of SDL. Just install a newer version of the SDL framework could solve your crashes.

transporter

It seems to have fixed it. Ran it continuously for a couple hours and hasn't crashed yet. Thanks

Dwachs

Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

wernieman

Sorry, I don't make a new mac crosscompiler :o)

When I must update it ... then I have a Problem ;o)
I hope you understand my English